Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Panning reverb in Audio - Vegas Pro 9

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Mike SchmidtPanning reverb in Audio - Vegas Pro 9
by on Apr 18, 2012 at 8:53:00 pm

Hello group. You've helped me a lot so far, so I thought I'd run another one past you.

I'm using Vegas Pro 9 as an audio mixer. I have a client that is obsessed with getting his vocal in the center, but having the effect - in this case, reverb - off to the right or left.

When I put reverb on the track, I notice it pans with the track, so if I put his voice to the right, the reverb goes with it.

Only thing I thought of so far was to duplicate the track so I have two identical tracks. Put reverb on one track and pan it, leaving the dry track either in the center or panning it in the opposite direction.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, as always.

Mike Schmidt

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen MannRe: Panning reverb in Audio - Vegas Pro 9
by on Apr 18, 2012 at 11:30:47 pm

That's what I would do.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John RofranoRe: Panning reverb in Audio - Vegas Pro 9
by on Apr 20, 2012 at 12:29:43 pm

[Mike Schmidt] "Only thing I thought of so far was to duplicate the track so I have two identical tracks. Put reverb on one track and pan it, leaving the dry track either in the center or panning it in the opposite direction"
That's not necessary. You should use an FX Send to do this.

In Vegas they are called Assignable FX. Use the Insert Assignable FX... button on the Mixer to add a Reverb FX which will show up as a Bus in the mixer (but it's a special bus called a "Send").

Then on the audio track, a new fader will appear with the label FX1 (you may have to make the audio track taller to see it). This will let you send as little or as much of the original signal to the reverb. You can control the pan left or right from the new Reverb FX bus in the mixer.

The difference between a Bus and an Assignable FX Send is that when you use a Bus, the entire track is routed to that bus. When you use a send, the track is router to both the original Bus (Master is the default Bus) and the FX Send at the same time giving you much more control over the wet and dry signal and allowing you the ability to pan them independently.

These screen shots are from Vegas Pro 11.0 so it may be slightly different in Vegas Pro 9.0 but it still exists.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]