Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Annoying thin black lines when using Zoom transition

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jim CatesAnnoying thin black lines when using Zoom transition
by on Apr 18, 2012 at 8:29:11 pm

I have recently (think this began in 10....definitely in 11) noticed that zooms over a light colored background have what appear to be random lines generated during the transition....very annoying and I have gotten no response from Sony, or the Sony Forum.....I cant imagine I am the only one with this issue, and it is definitely repeatable and I can screen capture or demonstrate in a render....HELP !

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve RhodenRe: Annoying thin black lines when using Zoom transition
by on Apr 18, 2012 at 8:49:35 pm

I tested and dont see that problem happening here, im using
Vegas 10.0e.....Not sure what your issue could be, sorry.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
1-876-832-4956

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen MannRe: Annoying thin black lines when using Zoom transition
by on Apr 19, 2012 at 9:44:06 pm

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 18, 2012 at 11:29:54 pm

A screen capture always helps. How are you zooming? Event Pan-Crop or Track Motion?

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jim CatesRe: Annoying thin black lines when using Zoom transition
by on Apr 19, 2012 at 5:04:06 pm

Thanks....and great idea....I have posted 2 screen shots....one frame apart, on a basic zoom out on a white background....you can see the random lines to the bottom right and left horizontal and vertical....in the next frame, they are gone....Hope this helps...

As for event pan-crop or track motion, Im going to show my ignorance...Im just using a zoom transition from the menu....was unaware of an option there..

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 19, 2012 at 6:00:22 pm

I'll match your ignorance and raise it two.
First, I should have caught the word "transition" in your OP, second I completely forgot that there was a zoom transition in the toolkit.

But, I can't reproduce the problem here.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 19, 2012 at 8:25:20 pm

Thanks....well I feel better and worse....Just cant get any response from Sony or the Sony specific forum....at least you guys responded...
The problem is very weird and a pain, as the lines are showing up in my renders as well as on preview......perhaps someone will see this post that has had and solved the issue....in the meantime, I keep bugging sony....

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 19, 2012 at 9:47:08 pm

Try again - I managed to crash the thread....

Can you put together a project with all the media assets under 2GB? I would be happy to try to reproduce it here. Just put it in a public folder in your Dropbox. I use Dropbox to make files available to others and posting files on a forum is just not reliable nor feasible.

Use this link (http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 19, 2012 at 9:53:07 pm

I'm not sure what is crashing the post, but here it is again...

Can you put together a project with all the media assets under 2GB? I would be happy to try to reproduce it here. Just put it in a public folder in your Dropbox. I use Dropbox to make files available to others and posting files on a forum is just not reliable nor feasible.

Use this link (href='http://db.tt/KCWoOts) to get your free 2GB Dropbox and we both get an additional 500MB.

Just put the file into the /Public folder, right click on the file, and select Dropbox in the drop-down menu and click on "Copy Public Link". You can safely share that link with anyone.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 30, 2012 at 7:49:20 pm

Tried to post a demo file.....not sure what may have happened....have been out of town for a week....I did notice it is not just the zoom transition, but others as well....and the speed of the transition seems to have an effect.....still no response from Sony.....so much for
customer service

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 30, 2012 at 11:19:40 pm

Log on to your Sony account and look for their response there. I don't recall the URL, but you should have gotten the instructions when you posted the support request.

The offer is still there if you can put together a project under 2GB and let us have a go at it.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 7, 2012 at 7:28:58 pm

Sony finally got back to me.....said to download their latest update, but did not address the issue specifically. latest build still has
the issue....it seems related to the speed of the transition.....if I play around with that, I can minimize the lines.....

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]