Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Which version of Vegas Pro is the most stable?

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Bob MarkWhich version of Vegas Pro is the most stable?
by on Apr 16, 2012 at 3:45:44 pm

I'm looking to upgrade from V.8 and had seen some negative posts about later versions. Which version seems the most stable?
Thanks.

Bob

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike KujbidaRe: Which version of Vegas Pro is the most stable?
by on Apr 16, 2012 at 4:26:38 pm

Unless you can find someone willing to sell you their copy of Pro 9 or 10, 11 is the only version you can upgrade to.
I'm personally very happy with Pro 10 but others have complained about various bugs in both Pro 9 & 10.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

George DaltonRe: Which version of Vegas Pro is the most stable?
by on Apr 16, 2012 at 4:52:32 pm

I have had really good experience with svp 10. I really didn't start having problems until I upgraded to 11. I am a strong supporter of all things Sony, but svp 11 has been a disappointment. It has a lot of really good things going for it, but if you can't use it, then it's not worth anything to the user.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Angelo MikeRe: Which version of Vegas Pro is the most stable?
by on Apr 16, 2012 at 5:17:52 pm

9 or 10 were the most stable for me (well, actually 8 was, but I wouldn't use a version so old now). 11 works pretty well with the recent updates, though.

http://www.scenethroughglass.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

George DaltonRe: Which version of Vegas Pro is the most stable?
by on Apr 16, 2012 at 5:48:38 pm

I am glad to hear that the updates work for you. If you don't mind sharing, what type of computer do you have and what are your specs? Also, do you run any othe programs or a anti-virus security program (like norton 360) on your computer?
The reason I am asking is that on a few other forums to which I belong, there are some with serious workstations still facing some of the same stability challenges. Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff SchroederRe: Which version of Vegas Pro is the most stable?
by on Apr 16, 2012 at 5:51:30 pm

11 has been running rock solid for me. I have not had the problems some users have gone through.

Jeff

Windows 7 64-bit, ASUS P6X58D, i7 960 3.20GHz, 24.0GB DDR3, 12TB connected storage

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chuck PullenRe: Which version of Vegas Pro is the most stable?
by on Apr 16, 2012 at 5:54:54 pm

The version that comes from Adobe! HA!

Chuck

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Warren MesserRe: Which version of Vegas Pro is the most stable?
by on Apr 17, 2012 at 12:16:18 am

I've had good luck with V.10 Platinum, but it does not like the GIF I've been trying to feed it. Crashes everytime. Will see if I can make a lower 3rd's croma animation out of a series of jpegs.

The one thing Vegas 10 doesn't do, and I would not have gotten it if I had know; is that IT WILL NOT edit Canon Audio in Sound Forge. The program doesn't even reconize the file format from either the Vegas timeline, or from Windows Explorer.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bob MarkRe: Which version of Vegas Pro is the most stable?
by on Apr 17, 2012 at 4:17:48 pm

I might give 11 a shot. I'm on 8.1 and it works pretty well.

Bob

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Seth EstradaRe: Which version of Vegas Pro is the most stable?
by on Apr 17, 2012 at 4:37:49 pm

Hahaha, the most stable version of Vegas Pro is whatever version you've installed correctly. A lot of users are blaming V11 for their failure to read instructions regarding video card drivers and other basic environment variables.

Idiot Savant... ok, maybe just Idiot
http://seth.savant-studios.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]