Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0 PLEASE

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Colin OddyVegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0 PLEASE
by on Apr 14, 2012 at 11:41:08 am

Hello again John
I hope you can please help me AGAIN. :-(
(to refresh Im using Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0)

Ive started a new project.
dragged the Video/audio file to the timeline and played it.
The vision is lagging and lurching even though I can hear the audio track playing smoothly.

Preview resolution is set to Preview/Auto.
Can you please suggestthe settings I needto be using to get a smoth audio/video playback - in sync?

Changing Project Properties doesn't seem to change anything but Id like your advice on WHAT properties I should use - AND render to - to ultimately present this to the client for inclusion on their web site.PLEASE.

Many thanks in anticipation John.

Regards

Colin

Colin

Colin

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Angelo MikeRe: Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0 PLEASE
by on Apr 15, 2012 at 12:45:44 am

What hardware are you running and what type of footage are you previewing?

http://www.scenethroughglass.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Colin OddyRe: Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0 PLEASE
by on Apr 15, 2012 at 8:03:21 am

THanks for responding Angelo

Ive not changed anything intentionally on this computer that has been editing without this problem for the past 12 months and more.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM2) Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz 2.34GHz
Installed Memory (RAM) 4.00GB (3.35 GB usable)
32bit Operating System

Windows Home Premium

THe footage is shot with a Panasonic 3MOS HDC TM700 HDMI 1080i

Thanks again for helping.

Is it a processor issue you think?
Ive not experienced it before.

kind regards

Colin

Colin

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 15, 2012 at 1:01:44 pm

For one thing, you should have at least 2 GB of RAM for every core of your CPU. So you should have at least 8 GB of RAM.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 15, 2012 at 9:22:41 pm

thanks for that Angelo.
i suspected thats the case - but ive had this computer for a couple of years now and not struck this time line preview lag problem, previously.

any suggestions what may have changed in that time?

regards

colin

Colin

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 16, 2012 at 5:16:22 am

That can just happen on Windows, which occasionally should be reformatted since it slows down over time. I don't know what specifically happened in your case, but I edit heavily compressed AVCHD video pretty smoothly on a 12 GB DDR3 RAM computer running Windows 7, so things like that make a big difference.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 16, 2012 at 1:07:13 pm

thank you Angelo

Colin

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John RofranoRe: Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0 PLEASE
by on Apr 19, 2012 at 12:28:57 pm

Hi Colin, Have you edited footage with this camera before? The TM700 is capable of recording 60fps. If you did a recording at that speed, it's best to have a beefy quad-core PC (I’m talking Core i7 3.2GHz not Core 2 Quad 2.3GHz) and the latest Movie Studio 11 to handle this. So it may be a combination of your software being way out of date (version 9 is extremely old) and you PC being underpowered for what you want to do.

If you have been editing this same footage and all of a sudden things have slowed down, perhaps you have a virus or other malware that has infected you PC? Or you installed some program that has replaced your high quality Sony codecs with some inferior ones? It’s hard to say really.

For maximum playback speed, your project properties should match your media properties. Also reducing the preview quality will speed up playback. You might want to download the trial of Movie Studio 11 and see if that plays smoother. Sony is always working on improving the performance of Vegas so it you're 2 versions behind, you're not getting these benefits and the upgrade price is usually minimal.

Hope that helps,

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]