Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

M2T file to DVD Architect

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Patrick McKennaM2T file to DVD Architect
by on Apr 10, 2012 at 5:15:58 pm

Hi all,

I have just rendered a Vegas project as an M2T file. I am wanting to burn it onto DVD through DVD Architect. I am using Sony Vegas Movie Studio 10 Production Suite which allows me the automatic option of rendering to MPG and then it sends it to DVD Architect to burn onto DVD but the loss of quality is huge. I'm getting the impression that rendering it as an MPG in Vegas and then sending it to DVD Architect is like the file is being rendered twice as an MPG and hence the loss of quality (like photocopying a photocopy). Am I right in thinking that this is what is happening?

Seeing as I also have the file rendered in M2T format (much better quality than MPG), is there anyway that I can import this into DVD Architect and burn it onto DVD from there? I know that I have to have the audio separate as an AC3 file for DVD Archtiect so, if it is possible, any guidance or suggestions on how this can be done would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike KujbidaRe: M2T file to DVD Architect
by on Apr 10, 2012 at 6:22:44 pm

[Patrick McKenna] "...but the loss of quality is huge"

Considering that HD is 6X the resolution of SD, no surprise there :(

" Am I right in thinking that this is what is happening?"

Your HD file is being down-rezzed to MPEG-2 SD quality, hence the reason for DVD Architect doing what it's doing.

The only way to keep your original quality is to deliver it on Blu-ray.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]