Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Sharpen Effect not working after Render

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Wendy LamSharpen Effect not working after Render
by on Jan 28, 2012 at 3:20:38 pm

Hi!

I haven't used the Sharpen effect much but I added onto a video recently and it worked fine during preview but the effect disappeared after rendering - as if the effect was never added. This is also an issue with Gaussian Blur. I've used all sorts of other effects and never encountered this issue. Does anybody know what might be causing this? When checking the preview settings and render settings, they seem to be the same.

Any suggestions or advice?

Wendy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike KujbidaRe: Sharpen Effect not working after Render
by on Jan 28, 2012 at 6:16:27 pm

With these particular FX (maybe more but I'm not positive), you need to have your Preview window set to Best/Full to be able to accurately judge how they will affect your video.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Wendy LamRe: Sharpen Effect not working after Render
by on Jan 29, 2012 at 6:46:09 am

I tried setting the Sharpen level to MAX. The preview screen showed the edges very clearly but when I rendered it, the final movie file did not have ANY edge lines at all. It looked exactly like the original video without the sharpen effect.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 29, 2012 at 2:30:06 pm

What format are you rendering to?
I just tried a still image rendered to AVI, MPEG-2 and MP4 and could see a definite difference depending on the format.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Wendy LamRe: Sharpen Effect not working after Render
by on Feb 1, 2012 at 2:44:53 am

Thanks Mike! I took your suggestion and tested several rendering file types and noticed differences too. I also noticed differences based on what the original source file type is as well. I guess I'll have to try several combinations to see which works.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Feb 1, 2012 at 10:32:09 am

You're welcome Wendy.
I wish there was a simple solution to this problem but sharpening is one of those FX that loves to make our lives complicated :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]