Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Animation key-frames won't stay put when I save and re-load a .vf file.

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jake HeneghanAnimation key-frames won't stay put when I save and re-load a .vf file.
by on Jan 18, 2012 at 12:40:27 am

Hello. I've been using Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 for some time now, and overall, it's worked well. However, there's one thing that's been happening every time I save a file as a .vf and re-open it later on.

If I've got any text media and have them fade, change colour, move, basically animate in any way using keyframes, when I save and re-load the file, the keyframes have gone from their original location to a position around eight times away from the original time.

This happens every time I save a .vf file, and makes making any sort of animation a pain since if the program crashes for some trivial reason (eg trying to enable shadows on text), I have to re-do the entire thing again. Has anyone else had this happen to them, and is there a way to stop this from happening? I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, if that's any help.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark BartonRe: Animation key-frames won't stay put when I save and re-load a .vf file.
by on Jan 20, 2012 at 5:28:44 am

Looks like the latest build 521 resolves the keyframe issue. I set four of them and then saved the project and reloaded it fine.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jake HeneghanRe: Animation key-frames won't stay put when I save and re-load a .vf file.
by on Jan 20, 2012 at 7:24:38 pm

Ah, okay. How would I get the latest build?

EDIT: I just checked the Sony Creative site and looked up Movie Studio HD, the latest build is 37, but Vegas Pro is at 521, did you mean that one?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike KujbidaRe: Animation key-frames won't stay put when I save and re-load a .vf file.
by on Jan 20, 2012 at 7:47:34 pm

Jake, I'm sure that Mark was referring to Pro 11 and not your product.
I recommend contacting Sony Tech Support via phone or email and explaining your problem in the hopes that they have a fix for you.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]