Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Vegas Pro 11 - Will Not Render

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Steve BathurstVegas Pro 11 - Will Not Render
by on Dec 3, 2011 at 5:16:33 am

Hi - new here, hope I'm in the right spot.

Been using Vegas Pro for several years. Just upgraded from v10e to v11/64 (build 425). Can't render anything. I click File | Render As... and an error dialog appears. I never see the Render As.. dialog. The message reads:

"An error occurred while creating the media file ."
"Exception thrown by method called"

Content doesn't matter. As a test I dropped just a solid color on a track for 10 secs with a filename of test.veg, and the same thing occurs. Same problem with just audio too.

300Gb free HD space on an HP/Intel Core i7 975@3.33GHz w/12Gb RAM.

Has anyone had to work through this issue?

Thanks in advance,

SteveB

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John RofranoRe: Vegas Pro 11 - Will Not Render
by on Dec 3, 2011 at 2:44:30 pm

Is this will all render types or just one? Try re-installing and see if that helps.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve BathurstRe: Vegas Pro 11 - Will Not Render
by on Dec 3, 2011 at 3:23:52 pm

Hi John - thanks for responding. Already re-installed. By 'render type' if you're referring to avi, wmv, mpg, etc., the "Render As" dialog never appears. I click "File | Render As..." and the error message appears.

I also tried to render to a new track and that fails as well with the following message:

"An error occurred during the current operation."
"An exception was thrown by a type's initializer (.cctor)."

Please let me know if I've misunderstood the term 'render type'.

SteveB

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Dec 3, 2011 at 5:52:38 pm

That sounds nasty. I would contact Sony Support since it's a new install. There should be some kind of 90 day support or something. Since this worked in Vegas Pro 10 I'm guessing it's not anything on your computer (although you never know).

~jr

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen MannRe: Vegas Pro 11 - Will Not Render
by on Dec 4, 2011 at 4:39:03 am

That's a C# error. I would reinstall Vegas and try again.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Dec 4, 2011 at 6:15:07 am

Thanks Steve - Uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Also re-downloaded a fresh copy of the installer in case something was corrupted during the download, although I'd expect a CRC error if that was the case. Yeah 'feels' like a .NET constructor that isn't being initialized properly that's throwing the exception. But it's odd that other folks are rendering fine w/Pro v11? Leads me to believe there's a strange configuration issue on this PC. It's Win7 Pro SP-1. v01e always ran/rendered fine.

Also installed v11 build 424 (32-bit) and the error message is identical?

Put a support request in to Sony the other day, but nothing yet. I had complete confidence in Vegas based on past experience, so I let v11 convert the project without making a copy. :/ Might have to fall back to v10e and redo the project from scratch.

Please let me know if you have any ideas cause I'm drawing a blank.

Thanks again,

SteveB

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Eric BrinkerinkRe: Vegas Pro 11 - Will Not Render
by on Dec 4, 2011 at 3:31:26 pm

Hello, I'm new over here. I just upgraded from Movie Studio 10 platinum to Vegas Pro 11. Never had any problems with MS 10, maybe 1 or 2 crashes in over a year.

However, with VP 11 I also have problems rendering, I also never get to see the render dialogue. When I choose File -> Render As, VP tries to load the render templates, gets to 50% or 70% and then crashes, every time. Reinstalling doesn't help.

I sent a problem report and contacted Sony but only got an automated reply that they are really busy and an answer will take a while.

Without being able to render videos, VP is pretty useless...so far, not a happy VP user :-(

The problem for me seems to be the Render templates. Any ideas how to disable all or alternatively each one of them? Or any other thoughts?

Cheers, Eric

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen MannRe: Vegas Pro 11 - Will Not Render
by on Dec 4, 2011 at 10:15:51 pm

Steve, here's a couple of other things to do.
From the start menu, run DXDIAG. This will test your DirectX components
Also from the start menu, run SFC/SCANNOW. This will test all of your Windows system files, including the .net stuff.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Dec 6, 2011 at 7:39:38 pm

No luck Steve - For now I'll be falling back to v10e to continue my pending projects. I suppose I'll eventually hear back from Sony.

Thanks again,

SteveB

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Dec 8, 2011 at 7:16:08 pm

OK, I seemed to have solved my problem: I renamed the file C:\Windows\system32\msaud32_divx.acm.
Don't know if I need it or not but at least now I can render videos.

Steve, you could also try clicking on the details checkbox of the Sony error reporting module, check if a certain module is causing the crash and try renaming it.

I must say Sony customer support is not what I expected, not reply at all, I was about to do a charge back.

Cheers,

Eric

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Dec 11, 2011 at 12:59:24 pm

[Eric Brinkerink] "OK, I seemed to have solved my problem: I renamed the file C:\Windows\system32\msaud32_divx.acm. Don't know if I need it or not but at least now I can render videos."
It looks like you have DivX installed on your PC. Other codecs, especially those coming from codec-paks like K-Lite, etc., can really mess up your PC. If you have any codec-paks installed I would uninstall them and re-install Vegas Pro.

~jr

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Dec 11, 2011 at 1:42:00 pm

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I came to the same conclusion and got rid of it. I absolutely dislike codec packs for the reason you mention and always try to avoid installing unnecessary 'junk' programs.

The only reason for installing it was that some people sent me source files for a project which I couldn't open without it.

BTW: it was this project:

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Vaughan MitchellRe: Vegas Pro 11 - Will Not Render
by on Jan 6, 2012 at 11:16:17 am

Still can't render.
Have checked that I have no DivX - so now I would like to eliminate any other possibly nasty codecs.
How do I know what to look for?
Vaughan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 6, 2012 at 3:10:27 pm

[Vaughan Mitchell] "so now I would like to eliminate any other possibly nasty codecs. How do I know what to look for?"
If you right-click on a video event, open the Properties and go to the Media tab, there will be a field called Format. Make a list of all the different formats you find and post them here and maybe we'll see something that isn't quite right.

~jr

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 6, 2012 at 4:26:15 pm

Thank you John,
I have found:
WMV1
WMV3
WVC1
HFYU
H264
I have analysed everything in the Windows Video library - I can't yet guarantee that there aren't any odd bits of video hiding where they ought not to be.
Hope this helps,
Vaughan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 6, 2012 at 4:35:36 pm

[Vaughan Mitchell] "I have found: WMV1, WMV3, WVC1, HFYU, H264"
WOW! That's a lot of different types of media including Windows Media Video, Windows VC1, Huffyuv, and AVC/H.264.

I hate to send you on a "wild goose chase" because it could just turn out to be a bug in Vegas but I know that Vegas doesn't work too well with WMV files. WMV is a delivery format and not and editing format. I really don't know what to tell you. You might try redendering small sections that only have one type of video file (if there are any) and see if some render and some don't. Then convert the formats that won't render. Like I said, it may even be a bug in Vegas since Pro 11 is so new so you also might want to contact Sony just in case it's something in Vegas Pro 11.

~jr

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 6, 2012 at 5:00:08 pm

Vaughan,

I was wondering which error message you get and at what point.
And does it also occur when you create a new project with none but just a simple event (say just a solid back ground color)?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 6, 2012 at 5:53:06 pm

The error message:
An error occurred while creating the media file.
Exception thrown by method called.
unquote.
This occurred after creating a new project with a simple background.
I hit Project / Render As... and received the above error message.
It really shouldn't be this difficult!
Vaughan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 7, 2012 at 7:47:58 am

Do you it happen while rendering a file or does it happen when you click File -> Render as... and don't you get to see the render dialogue at all?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 7, 2012 at 9:52:02 am

It happens when I click File -> Render as... and I don't get to see the render dialogue at all.

Vaughan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 7, 2012 at 4:39:49 pm

OK, so the same problem I had but I got an error message which made more sense. It could be a codec problem but without a reference to the file causing the problem it's hard locate it.

The error message "An error occurred while creating the media file." is strange as you don't even get to creating a media file.

Sorry, but I don't think I can help you any further with this, someone with access to the source code should be able to solve it. So wait for Sony to reply?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 7, 2012 at 11:16:56 pm

Hi Eric,
Your efforts here are much appreciated, even though we still don't an explanation.
I loaded the software onto an old XP box - runs perfectly - but slowly (which is why I have the newer Win7 box).
I guess I'll have to wait for Sony to respond, but the inference from others is that it might be an awful long time waiting.
Regards,
Vaughan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 8, 2012 at 8:39:32 am

Vaughan,

I recently upgraded from an older QuadCore running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit to a new i7-2600 running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I did a clean install and VP11 works perfectly so Win 7 should not be the problem.

Hey, that reminds me: I guess on XP you installed VP11 32 bit? Which version did you install on Win7, 32 or 64?

Another thing you might try, although I don't expect much from it, is going to Help -> About Vegas Pro and compare the contents of the Computer and Components tab (maybe also Multimedia) between the functioning XP and non-functioning Win7 version, see if there are differences.

Another suspect might be the graphics or audio card. Although I would expect more problems with XP than Win7 to be frank.

On the Win7 PC VP11 works perfectly for me so far. It has an SSD, 16 GB ram, a graphics card with GPU acceleration support and I added a 2nd monitor. It's very fast, I can watch full screen HD previews without delay, excellent.

I would reckon your Win7 PC should work as well. Can you give specs of the system?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 8, 2012 at 11:19:11 am

Eric,
Thanks for your response.
I am using 32 bit on both PCs.
I compared the contents tabs on both PCs - identical apart from the hardware items.
My Win7 PC:
Win7 with SP1.
Intel Core2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66 GHz
4GB installed (2.94 usable)
M/b is ASUS P5B-PLUS
Would further spec info be useful?
I just uninstalled & re installed VP11 - still the same error!
Vaughan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 8, 2012 at 5:30:02 pm

OK. Just wondering, as you're using the 32 bit version of VP11: are you using the 64 or 32 bit version of Windows 7?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 8, 2012 at 10:22:49 pm

32 bit for both VP11 & Win7.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 9, 2012 at 6:41:02 pm

OK, I don't know what to ask you now without seeing what's happening myself. Are you familiar with Teamviewer? I could look along with you, let me know.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Feb 13, 2012 at 4:26:31 pm

Have been away - now back to the problem...
I'm not familiar with Teamviewer.

On getting back to the problem, I get the error when I try Project/Render As...

I tried Project/MakeMovie which gives me a drop down menu from which I usually choose 'Save it to my hard drive'. Same error ensues.

I inadvertently selected Burn it to a DVD etc..., from Project/MakeMovie, and found to my surprise that this worked perfectly - after DVD Architect Studio I now have a playable DVD.

But I really want to save it to my hard drive. Any comments / ideas???

Regards,

Vaughan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Feb 15, 2012 at 2:58:21 pm

Vaughan,

Now I wonder: are you talking about Vegas Pro 11 or Vegas Movie Studio 10 or 11? I have Movie Studio 10 and there is a Project menu but in Pro 11 it is called File menu and there is no Make Movie option. That could be different in Movie Studio 11 though, I don't know, I don't own it.

It still doesn't solve your problem but the exact setup is important.

BTW: the Project->Make Movie->Burn it to a DVD seems to require and use DVD Architect Studio to actually burn the DVD (I got an error message because I don't have it installed).

Eric

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Feb 15, 2012 at 5:28:53 pm

Hi Eric,

I can't believe how stupid I've been. I downloaded Movie Studio HD Platinum 11!

So all my experience has been with that product.

In mitigation, I have the same error message that started this thread ages ago, so assumed (wrongly?) that we all talking about the same problem.

You are of course quite right about DVD Architect Studio - which I had to use to burn my DVD.

Vaughan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Feb 18, 2012 at 1:49:28 pm

Further research...

I have Vegas Movie Studio - so maybe I'm on the wrong forum???

I just installed Move Studio in Windows XP mode, on the same PC. And guess what - no problems with the pesky rendering - so why can't I do that in Win7 on the same PC???

Any answers please,

Vaughan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd BoyleRe: Vegas Pro 11 - Will Not Render
by on May 24, 2012 at 2:34:52 am

Vaughan now that you have your new PC, will you reformat the ASUS P5B machine and do a fresh install, just to put this to bed? ASUS says there could be issues with the SATA or other arcane things, which could explain why your render went OK onto the DVD but not the disk. http://support.asus.com/faq/detail.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=1&m=P5B-Plus&s=22&ha...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jun 3, 2012 at 11:04:18 am

OK Todd, just for you I have made a clean reinstall of Win7 on the old machine. The machine is still a RAID 1 device - I didn't change any of the RAID settings.
After installing the anti virus stuff, and updating to IE9, I installed Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0 on an otherwise empty instalation.
And Rendering now works.
I will be installing other stuff gradually, and if at any stage the rendering function fails again, we shall have learned something useful!
Vaughan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

virginio albertiRe: Vegas Pro 11 - Will Not Render
by on May 17, 2012 at 3:35:48 pm

Hi
I've got your same problem
RENDER AS don't work

How have you solved ?

I work with Vegas pro 11
Win 7
64 bit

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 18, 2012 at 8:42:16 am

I'm sorry to report that I was never able to fix this problem.

Since then I have bought a new 64bit Win7 PC, installed the Vegas software, and the rendering works OK.

Vaughan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 18, 2012 at 11:04:38 am

[Vaughan Mitchell] "Since then I have bought a new 64bit Win7 PC, installed the Vegas software, and the rendering works OK."
It should be pointed out that this is the experience of most of us that keep a clean PC. Installing other video software (especially code-paks) often causes conflicts. I'm very particular about what gets installed on my PC and I haven't had a lot of the problems that people are reporting here.

~jr

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 18, 2012 at 1:20:50 pm

John is absolutely right.
I installed the program on two other (older & slower) PCs which are relatively 'clean' - no problems apart from having to wait for ever while the rendering took place.
And I still have no feeling for what the nasty might be on the problem PC!
Vaughan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David FalckRe: Vegas Pro 11 - Will Not Render
by on Jan 11, 2013 at 9:42:43 pm

I have this problem.

Today something weird started happening with Vegas 12. I was mucking about in my recent project and when I finished I pressed "Render As" and then this error came up:

An error occurred while creating the media file . Exception thrown by method called

It's been around 2 months since I installed Windows 8. Vegas has been working flawlessly until now.
I tried rendering different projects (both empty and with media files), restarting and reinstalling Vegas but the error still came up. Then I tried Ctrl + M (which means Render To New Track) and then this error came up:

An error occurred during the current operation. An exception was thrown by a type's initializer (.cctor).

I also Googled on the first error (the second one didn't give any good results) and came to the conclusion that it might be the K-Lite Codec pack I had installed MONTHS ago. I tried uninstalling the pack and removing it from the registry as well but no dice.
Some users had said that only reinstalling Windows helped. So I tried Windows 8's Refresh; and it worked!
I carefully selected programs I wanted to install using ninite.com - and I accidentally selected MPC with decoders (included were MPC). After installing everything Vegas no longer worked, same error.

So I did a second reformat, went to MPC's website and installed it without K-Lite (I presume the installer doesn't install codecs, since it didn't give any information on it or anything). Vegas 12 still worked. I preceded to install various Adobe software (Photoshop, Audition, Premiere, After Effects, Media Encoder, Illustrator, Lightroom), DayZ Commander, Mumble (1.2.4 beta), Fraps and other software I'm not completely sure of.

I rendered my project again. I opened the file and then I noticed there were some black frames in the clip. I re-rendered everything but it got worse. Blacks frames to and fro, glitching and other shit.
Then I tried a third time. The error came back.

Now, to recap, I have not installed any codecs; only drivers and various software (there's a full list below). What the HELL is going on? I'm beginning to speculate it's Windows Update doing some hidden updates, but I doubt that's even possible.

List of installed programs as of 2013-01-11 (in the time span of 6 hours or so)

Start Menu\Programs\Adobe Master Collection CS6 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Adobe Master Collection CS6 Public
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS Xonar D1 Audio Public:Start Menu\Programs\ASUS Xonar D1 Audio Public
Start Menu\Programs\Dropbox David\David:Start Menu\Programs\Dropbox David\David
Start Menu\Programs\Foxit Reader Public:Start Menu\Programs\Foxit Reader Public
Start Menu\Programs\Fraps Public:Start Menu\Programs\Fraps Public
Start Menu\Programs\Maintenance Default:Start Menu\Programs\Maintenance Default
Start Menu\Programs\Maintenance Public:Start Menu\Programs\Maintenance Public
Start Menu\Programs\Maintenance David\David:Start Menu\Programs\Maintenance David\David
Start Menu\Programs\MPC-HC x64 Public:Start Menu\Programs\MPC-HC x64 Public
Start Menu\Programs\Mumble Public:Start Menu\Programs\Mumble Public
Start Menu\Programs\Notepad++ Public:Start Menu\Programs\Notepad++ Public
Start Menu\Programs\Notepad++ David\David:Start Menu\Programs\Notepad++ David\David
Start Menu\Programs\NVIDIA Corporation Public:Start Menu\Programs\NVIDIA Corporation Public
Start Menu\Programs\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision Public:Start Menu\Programs\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision Public
Start Menu\Programs\Sony Public:Start Menu\Programs\Sony Public
Start Menu\Programs\Sony\Vegas Pro 12.0 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Sony\Vegas Pro 12.0 Public
Start Menu\Programs\Stardock Public:Start Menu\Programs\Stardock Public
Start Menu\Programs\Stardock\Fences Public:Start Menu\Programs\Stardock\Fences Public
Start Menu\Programs\StartUp Public:Start Menu\Programs\StartUp Public
Start Menu\Programs\Startup David\David:Start Menu\Programs\Startup David\David
Start Menu\Programs\Steam Public:Start Menu\Programs\Steam Public
Start Menu\Programs\System Tools Default:Start Menu\Programs\System Tools Default
Start Menu\Programs\System Tools Public:Start Menu\Programs\System Tools Public
Start Menu\Programs\System Tools David\David:Start Menu\Programs\System Tools David\David
Start Menu\Programs\Tablet PC Public:Start Menu\Programs\Tablet PC Public
Start Menu\Programs\WinRAR Public:Start Menu\Programs\WinRAR Public
Start Menu\Programs\WinRAR David\David:Start Menu\Programs\WinRAR David\David

(List is in no particular order I presume since Windows only dates programs by Year/Month/Day and not hours/minutes)

And inside HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32
I presume this is were codecs which are installed are located.

Addiotional information:
##### System Information #####

DirectX: 9.0c + 10 + 10.1 + 11
CPU name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
CPU speed: 3293MHz
Memory: 4096MB
Screen size: 1920x1200 (32bits)
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
VendorID: 10de, DeviceID: 0e22
Video mem: 768MB
Video driver: nvd3dumx,nvwgf2umx,nvwgf2umx (Version 9.18.13.697) (10-2-2012)
Audio device: High Definition Audio Device
Audio driver: HdAudio.sys (Version 6.2.9200.16384) (7-25-2012)

http://pastebin.com/6NF46VBp (Codec tweak tool)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 12, 2013 at 1:34:11 pm

[David Falck] "Fraps and other software I'm not completely sure of."
Well... if you are installing things that you're "not completely sure of"... stop doing that. It looks like it all worked until this step. Just install the programs that you NEED and stop installing things that you are not sure about. No one can tell you what's causing it but your tests seem to indicate that something you installed after the last time you checked Vegas is the cause.

~jr

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

James DavisRe: Vegas Pro 11 - Will Not Render
by on Mar 20, 2013 at 2:39:18 pm

Hey guys,

I'm sorry to dig up an old thread but I didn't know where else to start.

Recently got Vegas 12 put on my buddies computer, which is brand new and newly built. Everything works fine up until he hits render. At that point, no matter what file format he is rendering from, it acts like it is going to start rendering, but doesnt. It never goes past 1% and the estimated time keeps climbing until you force close the application.

I have completely uninstalled and wiped out the registry (even by hand) and re installed and it still does not work. I tried putting my copy of 10e on and it won't render with that either.

File from format m2ts
File render format - mp4, avc, wmv (10)

Any ideas what this could be?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]