Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Vegas Pro 11 wont open

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jaymes RomeroVegas Pro 11 wont open
by on Nov 30, 2011 at 11:18:17 am

i haven't done anything out of the ordinary for the past few days but now all of a sudden vegas 11 wont open, 10.e still does without a hitch but for some reason vegas 11 wont, and ive reinstalled it several times, tried launching it as admin, changing compatibility modes, DEP can't be turned off/on cause its a 64bit executable, so what gives?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve RhodenRe: Vegas Pro 11 wont open
by on Nov 30, 2011 at 3:56:13 pm

What happens when you click on the icon?
(does the splash screen comes up and freezes..etc)
Just a wild shot in the meantime,check the Task manager
and see if an instance of Vegas 11 is running...if you
see it end the process and try again.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Maker
Filmex Creative Media.
1-876-832-4956
http://filmex-creative-media.blogspot.com/

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jaymes RomeroRe: Vegas Pro 11 wont open
by on Nov 30, 2011 at 9:11:20 pm

nothing happens, the little circle load icon appears next to the mouse for a second (running windows 7) and then nothing happens. Also when i have the task manager open and try to open vegas, "vegas110.exe" appears for a second the dissapears

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Matt CarlsonRe: Vegas Pro 11 wont open
by on Nov 30, 2011 at 9:00:44 pm

This is just a shot in the dark without knowing the full description of "not opening." Sometimes when working with shared plugins if you add a new one, update them, or possibly have a crash in 10 because of one them, the "state" at which it exists (yes this is vague) is not liked by 11 and the executable does not even show the splash screen. You click on it and nothing. I can't remember 100% if there is an instance in task manager still running but I think there is not. The instance of 11 just shuts down before showing any noticeable feedback. You said you have not done anything out of the ordinary so just file this possibility under things to check. A re-installation of 11, in my experience, is the only way to solve that particular problem.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Nov 30, 2011 at 10:05:49 pm

@matt

not to sound like a jerk but as ive previously stated, ive reinstalled vegas several times already, and it doesnt work

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve RhodenRe: Vegas Pro 11 wont open
by on Dec 1, 2011 at 2:32:42 am

Jaymes, im a bit stumped as to what else to tell you.
Something on your system may just be causing a conflict
or something.
Do you have a problem using Vegas 10?

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Maker
Filmex Creative Media.
1-876-832-4956
http://filmex-creative-media.blogspot.com/

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

James AdamsRe: Vegas Pro 11 wont open
by on Dec 8, 2011 at 5:56:58 am

HELP!!!!!...Has anybody figured this out yet... This just started happening to me tonight. It was working fine last night when I went bed. I just got on the computer and when I click on the vegas icon nothing is happening. Nothing is in my system tray related to sony vegas. DVD Architect works fine. But when I click on sony vegas, the mouse turns into the waiting cirlce then goes back to normal pointer and nothing.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Paptu BoseRe: Vegas Pro 11 wont open
by on Dec 9, 2011 at 8:59:32 pm

i had reinstalled it several times but still its not opening...:(....it was working fine, but i dont know how it stopped working. even the splash screen isnt apearing...worried about my project files...any solution?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Dec 13, 2011 at 12:15:44 am

figured out a solution, sort of. i uninstalled than reinstalled a new build of it, now it works.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve KarveRe: Vegas Pro 11 wont open
by on Jan 7, 2012 at 4:00:28 am

Wait, what do you mean you rebuilt it? How does that work and what does that mean because I am having the same problem as you. I am so desperate at this point!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 10, 2012 at 2:00:04 pm

I had build .357 i think, i just downloaded the latest build (which is like .4 something) and it worked

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Scott NortonRe: Vegas Pro 11 wont open
by on Jan 22, 2012 at 6:16:26 am

I have the exact same problem with Vegas Pro 11.0 build 521. I had just installed the update when the problems began happening. Are there any diagnostic files you could use to identify my specific problem?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+2

Post removed.

Sean MichaelRe: Vegas Pro 11 wont open
by on Apr 21, 2012 at 1:12:12 pm

I am now having this same problem. When I attempt to execute Vegas 11, NOTHING happens...no splash page, etc. The solid state hard drive spins for a half second and that's it. It just won't open. It doesn't matter whether I click a program icon or the exe file in Windows explorer.

Running Windows 7 32-bit. Have previous run Vegas 7 & 8 on this machine. Upgraded from 8 to 11 last year.

I have tried uninstalling, cleaning the system registry, and reinstalling the latest build of Vegas 11 - but it has not solved the problem.

Anyone have ideas?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Plamen PetrovRe: Vegas Pro 11 wont open
by on May 3, 2012 at 10:06:35 am

Sean Michael,
This morning I updated with downloading and installing the newest Sony Vegas 11 Pro 32-bit build 682 and since that time I have exactly the same problem and did exactly what you did (registries, uninstalls, re-installs, even in Safe Mode the program doesn't open!).
It's extremely weird that no one has any solving of the problem, even from Sony.
Any previous built of SV11Pro doesn't open already!!!
I tried SV10Pro and it runs, but why doesn't SV11Pro 682 launch???

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Cameron BolesRe: Vegas Pro 11 wont open
by on Jul 1, 2012 at 12:46:58 am

I am now having this problem with sony vegas 11. It wont open the loading circle pops up for a second then nothing. same thing happens with vegas 10. And with vegas 8 i try to drag/import a video clip which is a .mp4 clip and it says "vegas has stopped working" I have no clue what is happening and the only thing iv done to my computer in the past few days is install a game onto my computer. please help!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 2, 2012 at 5:44:51 am

try to install a different version of vegas like i did, like if you have build .371 for vegas 11, try build .410

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike KujbidaRe: Vegas Pro 11 wont open
by on Jul 2, 2012 at 11:03:21 am

If you don't have any of the builds handy, get them here.
http://download.sonymediasoftware.com/current/

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Aaron SegalRe: Vegas Pro 11 wont open
by on Jul 30, 2014 at 2:35:34 pm

this happens to me too! i open it, it looks like its going to work, but the video player doesnt open, or just plays black with no sound. Editing anything makes it say not responding. I tried updating it but it didn't help! Someone help me! I dont think i have pro, but i have sony vegas 11

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]