Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Vegas Pro (11) Has Stopped Working

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Rich KutnickVegas Pro (11) Has Stopped Working
by on Nov 24, 2011 at 1:59:59 pm

I just posted this on the Sony Creative Software Forum, but I also wanted to expose it to those of you Vegas users who may not frequent that site, too. Although I have a rather low-powered PC by today's standards (Intel Core 2 6600@2.39GHZ, 4G RAM, 32-Bit Win 7 Pro, ATI Radeon X1300/X1550 Video Card), Vegas Pro 10 works well (albeit a little slow at times, but consider the box). However, when I installed Vegas Pro 11 and ran it, as it begins to initialize the DirectX Plug-Ins the screen flashes and I get the dreaded "Vegas Pro has stopped working". I set the properties to each compatibility mode that is listed, but all attempts were in vain. I even uninstalled/reinstalled Vegas Pro 11! It seems that regardless what I do the program will not load the DirectX Plug-Ins and crashes at that point every time. Any ideas? I don't want to have to buy a new PC just to run Vegas Pro 11, but would consider upgrading my video card if that is what is causing the problem. Any ideas? If I do need to buy a new video card, what would you suggest given the power of my current PC? I would like to keep the expense as low as possible (videography is a part time business for me), so I do not want to spend more that $200-$250 for a video card if that even will solve the problem. If I upgrade that video card, I also want it to be powerful enough to run the New Blue Titler, so I need to keep that in mind if I buy a new video card. Micro Center is close, so I could pick up a card this weekend if necessary (after the Black Friday rush). Please HELP, and a Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!

Rich Kutnick
VIDEO IMPRESSIONS

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve RhodenRe: Vegas Pro (11) Has Stopped Working
by on Nov 24, 2011 at 2:50:33 pm

You do not have to buy a new PC Rich...As a first step,
Uninstall all your Vegas plugins, then download and
install the latest version of Direct x, restart your pc
and start-up Vegas...then let's know the result.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Maker
Filmex Creative Media.
1-876-832-4956
http://filmex-creative-media.blogspot.com/

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Sachin SmackerRe: Vegas Pro (11) Has Stopped Working
by on May 17, 2013 at 7:33:16 pm

See I just did this trick as a guess work.........I guessed this problem was becuse of Apple iTunes and I uninstalled it with iObit Uninstaller.......First uninstalled it ann then did Powerful scan and again runned SV Pro 11 and it worked......Try this I hope this will help..........Pleace

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John RofranoRe: Vegas Pro (11) Has Stopped Working
by on Nov 24, 2011 at 2:54:30 pm

[Rich Kutnick] " I don't want to have to buy a new PC just to run Vegas Pro 11, but would consider upgrading my video card if that is what is causing the problem. Any ideas?"
It may be software related. I assume with an old processor like that the entire computer is old which means it has slowed down over time like all Windows PC's do. Maybe you just need to back up your data and restore the PC to it's original condition (assuming you have a restore disc). Then only install the apps that you need. It cost nothing but time and quite often breaths new life into old PC's.
[Rich Kutnick] " If I do need to buy a new video card, what would you suggest given the power of my current PC?"
A new video card is not going to help a DirectX problem and it's not going to make Vegas much faster. It may help the NewBlue Titler but you can't even get Vegas started so you have bigger problems than needing a new graphics card or faster PC.

BTW, if you are working with HD, your PC is under powered. You need at least a 2.8Ghz Dual Core for HD work. A Quad Core would be even better. It may be time for a new PC anyway.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rich KutnickRe: Vegas Pro (11) Has Stopped Working
by on Nov 24, 2011 at 3:16:46 pm

Before I spend the time that I do not have following John's suggestions, I believe that my best bet is to follow Steve's advice first. BTW, I still just work in SD and agree that a new PC is necessary for HD (which still is in the future). So Steve, pardon my ignorance, but what steps do I take to uninstall the Vegas Plug-Ins? I already went to the Microsoft web site and downloaded the latest version of DirectX, so do I have to do this again after I uninstall the Plug-Ins? Do I have to uninstall Vegas Pro 11 before I do the above steps, or can I just leave it? Finally, how do I get all of my Plug-Ins back, for if Vegas Pro 11 still will not work I currently have Vegas Pro 10e installed, and it is working!! How will I even know what I removed?? Please advise, and thanks again in advance.

Rich Kutnick
VIDEO IMPRESSIONS

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Nov 24, 2011 at 4:17:35 pm

Ok, good, you have the latest version of direct x installed.
Now go to add remove programms in the control panel and uninstall
all the plugins that you had in Vegas, (at the same time you can
again uninstall Vegas 10 and 11
) whatever you cant uninstall from there,
you go in the program file (c:/program files) and delete them.
And at the same time delete all folders pertaining to Vegas.
(I hope you have backups of all your plugins and software)

Make sure also that the new Direct X is properly installed.

Restart your computer...Install Vegas 11...Open up Vegas...and let us
know what happens.

If that don't work...Another step will have to be taken.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Maker
Filmex Creative Media.
1-876-832-4956

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen MannRe: Vegas Pro (11) Has Stopped Working
by on Nov 24, 2011 at 3:21:25 pm

Let Windows check the system files. Go to start/run enter: "sfc /scannow".

Also, run dxdiag.exe to make sure your DirectX is properly installed.

Video card: NewEgg has a shell-shocker (11/24 only) with a GeForce GTS 450 card for only $79 (after the dreaded rebate). 192 CUDA cores and 1Gb of RAM.

Steve Mann

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Nov 24, 2011 at 4:30:22 pm

Everything checks out. The system files check box closed down after running, and my system has DirectX 11 properly installed. Thanks for the one-up on the video card--can't hurt at that price, although this is a PCI 2 X16 card and I only have a PCI X 16 slot. Any other suggestions on getting Vegas Pro 11 up and running? Thanks!

Rich Kutnick
VIDEO IMPRESSIONS

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Nov 24, 2011 at 5:13:22 pm

Ok, good, you have the latest version of direct x installed.
Now go to add remove programms in the control panel and uninstall
all the plugins that you had in Vegas, (at the same time you can
again uninstall Vegas 10 and 11
) whatever you cant uninstall from there,
you go in the program file (c:/program files) and delete them.
And at the same time delete all folders pertaining to Vegas.
(I hope you have backups of all your plugins and software)

Make sure also that the new Direct X is properly installed.

Restart your computer...Install Vegas 11...Open up Vegas...and let us
know what happens.

If that don't work...Another step will have to be taken.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Maker
Filmex Creative Media.
1-876-832-4956

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen MannRe: Vegas Pro (11) Has Stopped Working
by on Nov 24, 2011 at 9:46:56 pm

[Rich Kutnick] "although this is a PCI 2 X16 card and I only have a PCI X 16 slot"

The card is 2-slots wide, but it plugs into a single PCI X16 socket.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Nov 25, 2011 at 2:20:27 pm

Kudos to you Vegas Pro geniuses!! Steve, I followed your advice, deleting all of the plug-ins, and after a couple of hours sans the plug-ins (saved to a new Sony folder that I made) via Revouninstaller, Vegas Pro 11 FINALLY ran! The real test now is to see how stable it is with my PC in actual use! I now can re-install the plug-ins on an as-needed basis. Stephen, I took your advice and ordered the GeForce GTS 450 video card from NewEgg. Will this card now allow me to run the New Blue Titler, as when I currently open it I am greeted with "Titler can't work due to low GPU capabilities"? And JR, in a few years I again will be able to afford a new PC with a 64-bit OS when my Clients start asking for HD (which they currently do not, but I expect they will be in the near future).

Rich Kutnick
VIDEO IMPRESSIONS

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John RofranoRe: Vegas Pro (11) Has Stopped Working
by on Nov 25, 2011 at 5:24:05 pm

[Rich Kutnick] "And JR, in a few years I again will be able to afford a new PC with a 64-bit OS when my Clients start asking for HD (which they currently do not, but I expect they will be in the near future)."
I'm glad you got everything working again. It sure was a lot simpler than my suggestion but I'm a big believer in Windows needing to be re-installed every few years to clean out the bloat. I just helped a friend through this last week and he couldn't believe how fast is old computer was running. Like I said, glad you got it fixed for less trouble.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Craig StoreyRe: Vegas Pro (11) Has Stopped Working
by on Apr 13, 2012 at 9:10:18 pm

Go here and follow the instructions, it has worked for me, 100% true,

https://www.custcenter.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4844/session/L3RpbWUvMTM...

The uninstall everthing, .NET, C++, media manger then reinstall approach works great, I think its SV refusing to load against al the C++'s and .NET variables

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Alexander MarsdenRe: Vegas Pro (11) Has Stopped Working
by on Sep 30, 2012 at 9:54:28 am

Ok I have the same sort of problem with vegas 12 , where do I get the latest Direct X?
Cheers
Larry

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]