Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

vegas pro 11 build 425 constant crash

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
troy mussonvegas pro 11 build 425 constant crash
by on Nov 22, 2011 at 7:17:03 am

Hi guys

I have serious problem with vegas 11 constantly crashing when ever im adding effects from sony and 3rd party Newblue sometimes the program will last for several minutes before crashing, it seems to crash randomly.Im pretty sure its not my system as its only vegas thats crashing. Previous version 10d was ok , 10e sometimes crashed but not often ,but 11 is all the time.. the error code is something like Clr then a load of numbers and it always mentions the sony vegas fx UI.

I have seen other people with the same problem but I dont see any soultions any where. Thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Nigel O'NeillRe: vegas pro 11 build 425 constant crash
by on Nov 22, 2011 at 12:19:37 pm

I would report the crashes to Sony.

My system specs: Intel i7 970, 12GB RAM, ASUS P6T, Vegas Pro 10e (x32/x64), Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave RobertsRe: vegas pro 11 build 425 constant crash
by on Nov 22, 2011 at 2:33:06 pm

I wish I could help you, but I can't. Just wanted to back you up saying I`m having horrendous problems with Vegas 11 crashing. Simply editing or using FX can cause it to crash. I am using a brand new system, W7 64bit, and all drivers are bang up to date. 16GB RAM, I7 CPU and the weakest link is Vegas, it`s stunningly bad at the moment.

When it's running, it`s amazing, but it goes for anywhere between 2 and 10 minutes before keeling over.

Have to say the Newblue Title is very fiddly, I am trying to do simple bullet points and there`s no obvious way to align them. Copy and paste doesn`t always work correctly either.

All in all, pretty poor after expecting so much!!

Dave Roberts
Concept Filming
Didcot,
OXON

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Angelo MikeRe: vegas pro 11 build 425 constant crash
by on Nov 22, 2011 at 4:03:02 pm

Happens to me to. The only way to avoid them for me is to do NewBlue effects somewhere on the timeline where there are no other events. Having other events seems to increase crashes significantly.

http://www.scenethroughglass.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen MannRe: vegas pro 11 build 425 constant crash
by on Nov 22, 2011 at 7:19:22 pm

If you are using a late-model nVidia/GeForce video card, the 285.79 Beta driver may fix some problems.

If you use the nVidia "auto scan", it will likely report that you have the latest version.

http://uk.geforce.com/drivers

You do have the latest released version, but the 285.79-Beta driver seems to fix a lot of problems in Vegas installations.

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win7-winvista-64bit-285.79-beta-driver-uk.ht...

Download it, install it and run Vegas. check for your "Vegas Bug" and let us know your results. You can always roll-back the latest released driver.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

troy mussonRe: vegas pro 11 build 425 constant crash
by on Nov 22, 2011 at 8:36:38 pm

I am sing ATI graphics card and have just updated to the latest driver but still having the crashes. Heres the complete error code im getting.

CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: vegas110.exe
Problem Signature 02: 11.0.0.425
Problem Signature 03: 4eae70ce
Problem Signature 04: Sony.MediaSoftware.VideoEffectsUI
Problem Signature 05: 11.0.0.425
Problem Signature 06: 4eae7068
Problem Signature 07: 541
Problem Signature 08: d
Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057

same error code every time

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Nov 22, 2011 at 8:49:51 pm

Thanks for this Steve. I have just installed 285.79 for my Geforce 560.

Will report back...

Dave Roberts
Concept Filming
Didcot,
OXON

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Nov 22, 2011 at 9:22:42 pm

Installed BETA drivers for GTX560, still constant random crashes. Disabled GPU acceleration, but still crashing.

Don't believe it's even TitlerPro related, Vegas 'feels' very buggy.

Dave Roberts
Concept Filming
Didcot,
OXON

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Nov 23, 2011 at 1:19:18 pm

Miracle cure, been editing now for 20 minutes with no crash!!

Simple solution - uninstalled the NewBlue TitlerPro. One awful bit of software, so fiddly to create simple text on screen. I was adding characters but it was putting them in random places, impossible to align multiple paragraphs along the x axis, it was adding characters randomly. Gone back to ProType Titler and all is good! Phew.

Dave Roberts
Concept Filming
Didcot,
OXON

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Nov 23, 2011 at 1:35:58 pm

Good one , im afraid i havent been using newblue titler mine crashes when using the sony plugins, im going to try and clean the registry, ive found that it doesnt seem to crash on my laptop which is not equipped to edit video only a single core processor and 4gb ram. so will try the registry on my main pc.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Nov 23, 2011 at 4:00:28 pm

Not such a miracle cure! Instead of crashing in two minutes, it now only crashes after about 20.

Looking on the bright side of life, it's progress!

Dave Roberts
Concept Filming
Didcot,
OXON

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Dec 1, 2011 at 7:08:51 am

Well its seems that after inadvertantly receiving a virus and not being able to start windows I had no alternative but to format my hard drive and re-install windows and all the other software I had including sony vegas 11, and would you believe it it doesn't crash any more, I think the virus was a sign from the vegas gods!!!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Oldrich CulikRe: vegas pro 11 build 425 constant crash
by on Dec 4, 2011 at 8:11:23 am

Try to use 32bit version of Vegas.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rod GajeskeRe: vegas pro 11 build 425 constant crash
by on Jan 4, 2012 at 2:21:07 am

My Vegas Pro 64bit Build 511 is crashing about every 10 - 15 minutes. It seems to do it most when I am creating titling or setting keyframes to put motion into the still images I have in the timeline. The error message I'm getting is as follows:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: vegas110.exe
Problem Signature 02: 11.0.0.511
Problem Signature 03: 4ee92310
Problem Signature 04: Sony.MediaSoftware.VideoEffectsUI
Problem Signature 05: 11.0.0.511
Problem Signature 06: 4ee922b7
Problem Signature 07: 558
Problem Signature 08: d
Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Emilio Le RouxRe: vegas pro 11 build 425 constant crash
by on Sep 11, 2012 at 4:28:52 am

Sorry for replying this old thread. I upgraded to Vegas 11 and it really feels very buggy, with crashes with the new Text media, Any FX (even Sony's), keyframes...

I switched from AMD to nvidia (because of Adobe products that work better) and I had hope that Vegas could benefit from the stability... but it's pretty much the same crash machine.

The only good news is that the GPU-accelerated renderers now work for exporting. But I got crashes all the time. I have to use the legacy text because the new one is unusable.

I do have a workaround: running Vegas in compatibility mode (run as Vista) seems to avoid the crashes. But I feel it runs a little sluggish. Any news about this?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]