Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Sony Vegas Pro 10 not responding

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Dom WrightSony Vegas Pro 10 not responding
by on Nov 7, 2011 at 10:52:25 pm

I've been editing on Sony Vegas Pro 10 for my past few short films, and I've never had any problems until now. I edited the short film, but when I try to render it, it freezes at 36% and I can't even cancel the render. Also, I've tried copy and pasting the clips into a new project, but when I try to copy them, the program stops responding. It might be worth mentioning that it was re-opened from an autosave after it stopped responding the first time. I have also tried re-installing the program. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm starting to get very stressed with it. Thank you :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shawn BossickRe: Sony Vegas Pro 10 not responding
by on Nov 8, 2011 at 6:27:24 am

Dom I had this happen once or twice before I'm not sure I remember how I resolved the issue
one, is all your files on one drive only, or multiple drives?
put everything on one drive only,
can you open your session? if you can try just copying a few files at a time to a new session,to find out what clip is going bezerk on you,
when & if you discover what clip is going wacko on you then go to windows explorer and change the name of that one clip, when you go to open your session Vegas wont be able to find that one clip you will have to replace it with something else however hopefully your session will now be able to be rendered down
that is all I can think of for the moment, I have had a few experiences where a clip would freak out or become corrupt where I had to remove it
Good luck

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve RhodenRe: Sony Vegas Pro 10 not responding
by on Nov 8, 2011 at 7:19:04 am

Maybe a corrupted video file at that point is causing the
problem.....Have you tried importing the project file as a
single video file {Nesting}, dropping it on the timeline and try rendering?

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Maker
Filmex Creative Media.
1-876-832-4956
http://filmex-creative-media.blogspot.com/

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dom WrightRe: Sony Vegas Pro 10 not responding
by on Nov 8, 2011 at 8:47:30 am

Thanks, but when I try to click on the corrupted clip, Sony Vegas just freezes and stops responding, I've tried about 10 times. Is there a way around that? Also, For some reason I have the option to paste into a new project, but it just doesn't paste when I ask it to... :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shawn BossickRe: Sony Vegas Pro 10 not responding
by on Nov 8, 2011 at 4:20:30 pm

[Dom Wright] "Thanks, but when I try to click on the corrupted clip, Sony Vegas just freezes and stops responding"

OK so now you are saying you found a corrupted clip? one that when you click on it Vegas freezes? if this is the case, you need to do what I said in my first post to you, go into windows explorer where your corrupted clip is at, either A (remove that clip from It's folder, placing somewhere else or B rename the clip)
after doing this now open up your session Vegas will say it cant find that file anymore, that's OK because if you now know that is the clip causing the problem you need to remove it from your session so you no longer have issues with that session, now you will have to replace that clip with something else because that clip has been removed
ALSO when your clip is removed clean up your media pool
so the session has nothing to do with that corrupted file anymore
GOOD LUCK

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dom WrightRe: Sony Vegas Pro 10 not responding
by on Nov 8, 2011 at 10:29:32 pm

great it worked! Thanks! :D But... I have another problem xD Now, whenever I try to open Sony Vegas I can't, becaue it freezes on that little loading box that says VEGAS PRO 10 and stuff, Any ideas? :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]