Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Vegas Pro 11 stabilizer problem

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Bruce QuayleVegas Pro 11 stabilizer problem
by on Oct 21, 2011 at 1:44:05 am

Hi Guys,

While testing out the new version 11 of VP, I can't get the stabiliser to function...at all.

I follow all directions as per the instructions in the help file, but I keep getting a warning that "You must click Apply for changes to take effect."

I can click Apply until the cows come home, but it makes no difference to my video.

Should I be rendering this clip in some way first?

I'm working with EX1 video in native format on a HP Pavilion with a i7 840Q, 8 Gig RAM and the NVIDIA G-Force GT 230M graphics card.

Many thanks.

Cheers,
Bruce

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark BartonRe: Vegas Pro 11 stabilizer problem
by on Oct 21, 2011 at 4:10:15 am

I just tried and initially had the same problem. I re-read the help file and noticed I was trying a Video Plug-in. Right click the media or video event and choose "Media FX" and that is where it allowed me to click Apply.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bruce QuayleRe: Vegas Pro 11 stabilizer problem
by on Oct 21, 2011 at 7:40:44 pm

Yes Mark. I was very careful with the instructions and went the Media FX route through the Project Media tab. I get the Apply button, no problem...it's just that nothing happens (besides an on-screen flash) and my video remains as it was.

I'm hoping it's a bug that will be fixed in the update and not because I don't have an "approved" video card.

Cheers,
Bruce

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Angelo MikeRe: Vegas Pro 11 stabilizer problem
by on Oct 21, 2011 at 4:44:17 am

The stabilizer would just crash at 99% for me. I switched back to Vegas 10. Though sometimes that crashes every two minutes, it's still got more functionality for me than 11.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bob DixRe: Vegas Pro 11 stabilizer problem
by on Oct 21, 2011 at 7:07:06 am

Angelo,

Mike is right >click on clip Activate >Stabilizer on clip and it should work as in Platinum 11, which is very good. http://i1.creativecow.net/u-upload.php#

Huuuuum do not think the link worked ?

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Malcolm MatuskyRe: Vegas Pro 11 stabilizer problem
by on Oct 30, 2011 at 12:29:03 am

I was able to get it to work by adjusting "preferences" from 32 bit to 8 bit.

Malcolm
http://www.malcolmproductions.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bruce QuayleRe: Vegas Pro 11 stabilizer problem
by on Oct 30, 2011 at 1:45:01 am

Hey Malcolm...you just solved my mystery! I had changed a number of options in the Video Properties tab and all of a sudden it worked...but I didn't know which one fixed the issue. I guess it's a bug that Sony can sort out in the next update.

Thanks for your post!

Cheers,
Bruce

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Matthew ComstockRe: Vegas Pro 11 stabilizer problem
by on Oct 30, 2011 at 6:05:08 pm

I was having the same problem. Pressing apply buttom resulted in a brief flash of stabilizing clip but nothing happened. I had pixel properties set to 32 bit, and I switched back to 8 bit and then when I pressed apply button the media stabilization took a few seconds and the clip was stabilized.

Hope this does get fixed on the next version.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Oct 30, 2011 at 6:55:03 pm

One question I have is... is the effect an 8 or 32 bit color space?

I could not play back the "effect" in 32 bit, so to see it on the timeline I need to stay in 8 bit. How is this affecting my project? I'll do some testing with rendering in 32 bit, after applying the stabilizer in 8 bit then switching back.

I used virtualdub/deshaker to stabilize the same clip that I used the sony effect on, no comparison, the freeware deshaker was much better.

Does anyone know the +/- of using 32 bit vs 8bit for editing?

Malcolm

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Nov 1, 2011 at 4:49:40 pm

Just downloaded the VP11 update, fixed my GPU issue on the video card, but newbluefx stabilizer still crashes my system, no word from Newbluefx yet.

Malcolm

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andy ThomasRe: Vegas Pro 11 stabilizer problem
by on Nov 22, 2011 at 7:38:27 am

So....Hello.....SONY PEEPS !!!!!
Anyone care to comment on this, or must we just carry on being your guinea pigs.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

Bob DixRe: Vegas Pro 11 stabilizer problem
by on Oct 30, 2011 at 10:10:34 pm

AH !

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook