Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

fcpx user checking out Vegas, want feedback plz

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Monty Wentzelfcpx user checking out Vegas, want feedback plz
by on Oct 15, 2011 at 2:51:32 pm

I've read about vegas and assuming these opinions are real this is what my take is:

For most it is very easy to learn.

It works for the most part without issues.

It is more than powerful with transitions, effects and audio to do what is needed and then some.

What I don't understand, is this out of the box or do I need 3rd party software to function as listed above?

I have to by another pc computer, my current laptop is to small and weak for the task, plus buy Vegas and then other software? So what do you think $2000.00 -$2500.00?

PS I work in video everyday so this is a big deal...not the money so much as the environment I'll be walking into.

When fcpx works it is fast and easy...will vegas be the same.

Monty

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Angelo MikeRe: fcpx user checking out Vegas, want feedback plz
by on Oct 15, 2011 at 8:09:15 pm

I can vouch for all those things in Vegas. Vegas can do a lot out of the box and has built in transitions, effects, and audio controls (and I'm pretty sure you can download a demo trial either of the Pro version or of the Movie Studio version). Of course, there are plenty of plugins that a lot of us use to get things like more customizable and 3D transitions, texts, and effects, but I think a lot of those tools are pretty affordable and you can try them out in demos like NewBlue, VASST, or Boris. There are others. Some are even free.

In my experience with Final Cut (which isn't all that extensive-just a few hours of cutting on it over the last few years, including cutting something on iMovie the other day), Vegas is much easier to use. I picked up using Adobe Premiere much more easily than Final Cut. Not that Final Cut isn't a capable video editor, but Vegas just seems to be a more powerful, straightforward tool that gives you more options and is more versatile than FCP.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Monty WentzelRe: fcpx user checking out Vegas, want feedback plz
by on Oct 15, 2011 at 11:13:51 pm

Much appreciated info my friend...

Monty

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ted SnowRe: fcpx user checking out Vegas, want feedback plz
by on Oct 17, 2011 at 3:41:52 pm

Vegas is not only a very stable video editor...it is a very powerful audio DAW. Vegas first started out as a multitrack audio software when it was developed by Sonic Foundry. Sony bought them out I think at ver. 3.

I have a recording studio and use an alesis HD24 for tracking but transfer the audio tracks into Vegas and do my mixing there.

------------------------------------------------
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe MB
EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1 GB DDR 5
Intel i7 2600k 3.4 Ghz
Corsair HX750 power supply
Two Seagate Barracuda 500g SATA III drives
16 Gig G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
Canopus ACEDVio card
Thermaltake V9 BlacX Edition case
Xigmatek Dark Knight CPU Cooler
Win 7 Pro
VEGAS 8.0