Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Video tracks are all muted!

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Nathan HalderVideo tracks are all muted!
by on Aug 15, 2011 at 5:12:01 am

There must be a rational answer to this. I can't see any of my video in my preview window. No tracks are muted and none are solo. However, all of the tracks have gray in the background suggesting they are muted.

I'm not sure what happened. Right before this happened, I was experimenting with replacing a photo via right click, dragging to the timneline photo I wanted to replace, and selecting "active take" (pretty cool trick I found right here in the boards!). What did I do?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Danny HaysRe: Video tracks are all muted!
by on Aug 15, 2011 at 5:44:35 am

Soloing a video track will mute all the others. Sure you don't have one soloed, not in the view? Did you try undo?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Nathan HalderRe: Video tracks are all muted!
by on Aug 15, 2011 at 5:54:00 am

Danny: All the tracks in the project are showing. None are soloed. I shut down and restarted to see if there was a glitch somewhere so I wiped out my undo list. That was dumb.

Curiously, when I have tried to render both a looped region and the entire project, Vegas keeps wanting to save it as a project. It won't give me any rendering/codec options as usual. Is that a clue?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 15, 2011 at 6:06:54 am

Something seems seriously screwed up. When I unmute my audio track and go to render as, Vegas gives me rendering options for audio only. It does not seem to recognize any of my video tracks. I have moved the tracks around, added new tracks with new content. I deleted all video tracks then added a new video track with fresh content. Nothing.

I also tried to open up another instance of Vegas, but the video tracks are greyed out and I was unable to cut and paste the tracks from the original project.

Lastly, I tried to open a previous, completed project that I have rendered in another instance of Vegas, but all those video tracks are grayed out and will not show in the preview monitor.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 15, 2011 at 6:14:12 am

My apologies. Should have looked around some at Vegas before throwing myself on the mercy of the Cow pros.

Options/Mute all video was the culprit. Not sure how I did that. The d is underlined so I tried to replicate with Alt-D and Ctrl-D, but neither muted all video tracks.

Danny, thanks for the help - sorry you are getting a flurry of thread response emails. It's late, working on a project, and I panicked.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+2

Danny HaysRe: Video tracks are all muted!
by on Aug 15, 2011 at 8:10:41 am

I didn't know there was a setting to mute all video,or audio in options. That's why this forum is here. We both learned something. Glad you figured it out. There must be a keyboard shortcut for "mute all video" for that to have happened.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen MannRe: Video tracks are all muted!
by on Aug 15, 2011 at 1:12:25 pm

"Z" toggles mute for selected tracks, but it shows on the mute buttons.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve BearparkRe: Video tracks are all muted!
by on Mar 12, 2013 at 11:16:14 am

Thanks for the "solo" clue. Not noticed it was there, next to the mute button. I'd been muting the other tracks individually before until I encountered a problem with other tracks muted.

Steve Bearpark - Electronics Engineer, early retired.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]