Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Right Click Crash "Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)"

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Barry BreckinridgeRight Click Crash "Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)"
by on May 30, 2011 at 2:58:03 pm

This problem seems to have started suddenly after working with an audio recording project for many days. If I right click in the gray area of the Audio Header Vegas will crash & shut down. I don't recall changing any settings or preferences & I have been the same plugins...in other words I am doing what I have been doing all along, but this morning Vegas decided to throw this curve-ball. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks

Problem Description
Application Name: Vegas Pro
Application Version: Version 10.0d (Build 669)
Problem: Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
Fault Module: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 10.0\Vegas Pro 10.0\vegas100.exe
Fault Address: 0x007C3B5E
Fault Offset: 0x003C3B5E

Fault Process Details
Process Path: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 10.0\Vegas Pro 10.0\vegas100.exe
Process Version: Version 10.0d (Build 669)
Process Description: Vegas Pro
Process Image Date: 2011-05-05 (Thu May 05) 23:19:40

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Barry BreckinridgeRe: Right Click Crash "Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)"
by on May 30, 2011 at 3:34:31 pm

I think I found the problem & it seems to be related to Audio ASIO hardware in this case. Hindsight is 20/20 & I think I know what I did...

During a multi-track recording session I had been using 2 linked Delta 1010 sound cards to allow me to record more than 8 tracks simultaneously. For mixing purposes, I only need one delta 1010, so I removed the second sound-card (I'm not sure I needed to remove it but have had issues in the past with syncing & word clock when linking 2 together so I thought better to just remove one after not needing it anymore)

Somewhere it was mentioned that the error might be related to audio drivers (thank you John) So I went back to preferences & changed my audio hardware from the Delta ASIO to "Sound Mapper", right clicked in the area and no crash! I then reset the audio device back to the Delta 1010 ASIO & no crash! It was just a lucky try...but seems to be working for now. Apparently Vegas Software was looking for the second sound-card even though the hardware and drivers were removed, I guess because when I created the projects I had both instances of the sound-card in the project. So it seems that what I did "refresh" the software....

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen CryeRe: Right Click Crash "Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)"
by on May 30, 2011 at 5:12:31 pm

Hi;

I get this or similar all the time now. Not correlated with a specific project or sequence of events. I'm convinced it is yet another bug - grrrr. Hopefully if we all send in the crash reports Sony will fix it.

Sadly, 10d seems to crash more than did 10c. I'm not a happy camper.

Steve

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Stephen MannRe: Right Click Crash "Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)"
by on May 31, 2011 at 3:17:21 am

[i]"I'm convinced it is yet another bug - grrrr."[/i]

The OP says that he found his problem *in the drivers*, (user-induced, at that), yet you still blame Vegas???

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]