Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Movie Studio HD - stops working - red screen

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Gordon BurnsMovie Studio HD - stops working - red screen
by on May 12, 2011 at 7:11:28 pm

Purchased Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10.
Recorded 1080p video on D7000, and imported into new project folder.
Added single clip to timeline. Preview screen does not play video smoothly, and quickly flashes solid red, then sytays red, then the program stops responding. Happens repeatedly.
I am running fast quad core 3.4Ghz 64 bit PC, with Windows 7 64bit professional, and 8GB RAM.
PC systems shows less than 1/3 RAM is being used and processor is far from stretched. What is the reason for this appalling situation. I can't do ANYTHING with this at the moment.
Help!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tim SmithRe: Movie Studio HD - stops working - red screen
by on May 12, 2011 at 8:15:12 pm

The possible cause is the codec the D7000 shoots in is avc. AVC files are not meant for video editing. Its not the speed of the computer, the editing software can't deal with them because of the way AVC encodes the video... even thogh they are technically supported.

The solution as far as I've found is to create proxies for what you want to edit, edit those then replace the footage via the 'replace footage' option in the media manager and render the timeline from there.

I am no expert but I've gone through this as I've recently shot a lot on the sony nxcam which also shoots in this format. Most new HD video cameras do. If the cam came with a video management software it will probably play them back fine but of coarse you can't edit them. Apparently certain editing software have fixes for this but you also need a compatible and higher end graphics card to edit the original files.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Daniel HughesRe: Movie Studio HD - stops working - red screen
by on May 12, 2011 at 9:15:53 pm

It's just because your system is running out of memory and doesn't have enough to produce the frame. You're based saving, closing vegas and reopening. Perhaps even restarting if you want.

If you have many applications open, close as what you can.

:>

Daniel Hughes
Amateur Writer, Director,
Director of Photography
United Kingdom

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Gordon BurnsRe: Movie Studio HD - stops working - red screen
by on May 13, 2011 at 7:23:40 am

Don't think so - my system has 8GB RAM installed and was only using 1/3 of that. I had nothing else running and there was plenty of memory available. Also the project had hardly anything in it yet - less than 2mins worth of media in the project folder and only one short clip in the timeline.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]