Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

best render vegas 10 pro for youtube

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jerry Riobest render vegas 10 pro for youtube
by on Jan 9, 2011 at 7:54:09 pm

I"ve seen dozens of tutorials on youtube, read some threads and have gotten answers from some very helpful forum members.

I have a few questions.

Are some of the tutorials about rendering in HD or even HQ widescreen talking about video shot on a digital or HD camera that puts out a bigger aspect ratio. Therefore when I use their settings for a template I don't get such great results.

The video I am rendering came from an S-VHS camera and was digitized using a canopus 110 into DV AVI files in sony vegas.

I was advised that I render a loss less AVI file and use another program to convert that to h264 for uploading to youtube

I would prefer not to add the other step and just render directly from Vegas to upload to youtube. I also tried the xvidps4p converter (or something like that) and there were so many settings. And I couldn't follow the tutorial on Youtube for using that.

I thought I read somewhere that vegas 10 can output directly to the 264.....is it X or H codec, but I don't see where.

Can you import it the codec......... or if you are willing to upload a fairly large video file there is no need to compress the file anyway and not use 264 at all.

Also is my video meant to be widescreen, will I lose quality if I am changing the aspect ratio. Would it be better to not have widescreen and have the black borders...I don't mind, but If I can get fullscreen with no loss of quality, I could go for that.

Most tutorials advise creating a template using various rates and frame sizes and aspect ratios, most render to WMV files, on version 10 that would be WMV11.

I have tried some of those settings with varying results. Not much better than some of my earlier Mpg4 rendered in SonyMain Concepts MPG4 which I know could look better.

I would greatly appropriate it if anyone can answer some of these questions and/or give me a link to a tutorial that would suit my needs or a thread that has the best settings in Sony Vegas for getting the best quality from the video source that I am using.

I know I didn't start with high quality video but I just want to maintain as much of the current quality as I can and also in a format that looks good on youtube as that is my main outlet for the video at this time.

Thanks much!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

John RofranoRe: best render vegas 10 pro for youtube
by on Jan 9, 2011 at 10:05:21 pm

[Jerry Rio] "I thought I read somewhere that vegas 10 can output directly to the 264.....is it X or H codec, but I don't see where. "
Use the Sony AVC render type with the Internet 640x480-30p template for old SD recordings.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jerry RioRe: best render vegas 10 pro for youtube
by on Jan 12, 2011 at 7:01:01 pm

Hi John, I appriciate you taking the time to help me. Your suggestion rendered a decent looking image and a pretty small file. But I have a friend who rendered the same video (from S VHS) as mine in a HD format that looked much crisper and sharper. I don't mind dealing with a larger file. I know a lot of people recommend WMV11.

So is there another setting or template or tutorial that will show me how to get better results. As I stated before, I didn't start with HD video or even digital video, but the S VHS I made into AVI files to edit in vegas look pretty good and I'm sure I can get a render setting that will give me better results on youtube.

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 12, 2011 at 9:00:19 pm

[Jerry Rio] "So is there another setting or template or tutorial that will show me how to get better results. "
You can increase the bit-rate in that template or use one of the Internet HD templates. The higher the bit-rate the higher the quality.

~jr

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jerry RioRe: best render vegas 10 pro for youtube
by on Jan 12, 2011 at 9:55:46 pm

Thanks John,

Yeah, I looked at the video again. It really didn't look bad. So try increasing the bit rate...by how much?

Also can I use the audio in the MPG4 file or should I render the audio separately like youtube says to in an mp3,

I've read there are better formats than mp3, so which should I use.

or should I not render a separate audio file. I know how youtube can grab the audio file with the video if it has the same name and timing.

And if I use the audio in the Mpg4 should i set to 4800 instead of 4100
or will that not make a difference.

Thanks a lot

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 12, 2011 at 10:49:30 pm

[Jerry Rio] "So try increasing the bit rate...by how much?"
I would increase it in increments of 500,000 Kbps until you can't tell the difference or reached your desired file size.
[Jerry Rio] "Also can I use the audio in the MPG4 file or should I render the audio separately like youtube says to in an mp3, "
Use the audio in the AVC file. It's AAC audio and will sound great.
[Jerry Rio] "And if I use the audio in the Mpg4 should i set to 4800 instead of 4100 or will that not make a difference. "
I always use 48,000 for all of my audio as this is what most video cameras use so chances are the original audio is 48K. That's what I suggest you use.

~jr

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Aleksey TarasovRe: best render vegas 10 pro for youtube
by on Jan 9, 2011 at 10:07:39 pm

For a start, you can use free plug-in, Video4YouTube. Read the manual for best results.

Best regards.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]