Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Vegas RENDERING - TOO dark / saturated ??

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Nami FernandezVegas RENDERING - TOO dark / saturated ??
by on Nov 9, 2010 at 9:19:39 pm

Hello all,

I'm struggling with something. I've been working on a short film (SHOT WITH NIKON D90) and the result in Sony Vegas Pro 9 looks quite different from the rendered product in VideoLAN VLC, Quicktime, and YouTube (the latter is much worse).

It looks VERY dark, contrasted, and saturated. It's upsetting it doesn't reflect what I've done in Vegas. Can anyone shed some light on this problem??

Screen shot of my problem: http://yfrog.com/3vsaturationcontrastj

My rendering specs are the following:

Sony AVC (*.mp4) Template Internet 16:9 HD 25p (customized to 24p because of my camera settings)
Video format AVC
Frame size 1280x720
Profile baseline
Entropy coding CAVLC
Field order none (progressive scan)
Bit rate 6,000,000

If there's anything you acn help me with, I'd be very greatful.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Davd KeatorRe: Vegas RENDERING - TOO dark / saturated ??
by on Nov 11, 2010 at 3:23:29 am

Don't have too much to say, compression codecs while standard throw out alot of color information to save space... A perfectionist does not use youtube or quick time to showcase their work... My suggestion and simply put what we have to do to solve the problen is bump the brightness and ajust saturation and re-upload it. A little trial and error is needed to get Youtube's lousy compression algorithum to look slightly similar to your desired results...

Good luck.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]