Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

large file transfer via internet

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ron Bakkerlarge file transfer via internet
by on Sep 19, 2010 at 4:06:01 am

Hi Again
Hey I have to send a 200mb file by internet. Outlook won't let me do it and my gmail niether. One of my friends recommended Drop box but it does require the recipient to have the same app installed unless you make the file public, which is not ideal.
I guess what I am saying is, What is the normal practice for large file sending?
Thanks for time.

Pentium 2.4 quad|Asus P5G41C-M LX mobo|2 gig corsairs 6400 ram|Corsairs 630 power supply|Gigabyte 8800gt|2x seagate 500gig Hd's|Lg dvd burner|windows7 premium , SV9E

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Danny HaysRe: large file transfer via internet
by on Sep 19, 2010 at 4:47:18 am

Without a storage server where someone can download from,yes. 10 meg is typicly the file size limit for most email servers. Yahoo instant messenger installed on both machines will allow you to drop a large file on the connection window, and with the reciever's permission, you can also do this. Peer to peer, like this needs someone on the other end to except the file. Hope this halps, Danny Hays, Universal Orlando.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ron BakkerRe: large file transfer via internet
by on Sep 19, 2010 at 5:17:01 am

Thanks Danny that is interesting.
I'm trying out this drop box, I will give feed back after a while of using it.

Pentium 2.4 quad|Asus P5G41C-M LX mobo|2 gig corsairs 6400 ram|Corsairs 630 power supply|Gigabyte 8800gt|2x seagate 500gig Hd's|Lg dvd burner|windows7 premium , SV9E

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen MannRe: large file transfer via internet
by on Sep 19, 2010 at 3:07:09 pm

I use Dropbox a lot to send files to clients. It's only as public as you want to hand out the password.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff SchroederRe: large file transfer via internet
by on Sep 19, 2010 at 1:17:32 pm

You can use rapidshare.com or megaupload.com. The file limits are at least 250 MB. The instructions are fairly simple and you can have multiple files. Suppose you have a 1GB file, make it into a split archive using 7zip and send it in 5 parts of 200 MB each. We do this all the time at work, although our files are usually under 500 MB.

The best part is it's free, just expect to upload all night long.

Let me know how it goes,

Jeff

http://www.narrowroadmedia.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian WalkerRe: large file transfer via internet
by on Sep 19, 2010 at 3:42:04 pm

Yousendit.com

You upload and your client gets a link..

Thanks in advance!
Brian Walker

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff SchroederRe: large file transfer via internet
by on Sep 19, 2010 at 6:27:56 pm

We have had such a problem with yousendit.com. It took us over 9 months to cancel our account with them. All the while they were taking out their $9.99 per month. After several others tried I finally had to call them and suggest that the California Attorney General may have something to say about their business practices. These are signs of an unscrupulous business that does not deserve our support.

Just my thoughts,

Jeff

http://www.narrowroadmedia.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ron BakkerRe: large file transfer via internet
by on Sep 19, 2010 at 9:02:46 pm

I used drop box last night, it's almost a little spooky the way it works. There is a folder in My documents which is the drop box folder and as soon as a file is copy and pasted in there it starts to sync it to your online folder. If you have a second computer registered to the same account it will sync the drop box folder in there to the online folder and the dropbox folder on the other computer. If you delete a file on either computers or the online folder, it will automaticly delete them from the other two. I sent a link to my brother inlaw of a vid I done and it worked fine.(eg copy and paste the link onto an email I sent him)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ilya TsyganovRe: large file transfer via internet
by on Nov 17, 2010 at 1:00:53 pm

Yes, installing new soft is evil if you just need to transfer a file. I mean, isn't the internet is build for data transfering? What for you will install new soft? What I use is http://click2copy.com - it doesn't require any additional installation and transfers files directly (without uploading). You select the file, click2copy creates the link, you sends the link to your friend, yozur friend opens the link - and the file transfer begins: browser-to-browser, without uploading or something. So, the data is transfered directly. That's really the only one service in inet that do such an amazing stuff. Give it a try!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]