Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

No Audio in .AVI files?

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jay RhodesNo Audio in .AVI files?
by on Mar 16, 2010 at 3:16:01 pm

Ok, now I want to import files from my digital camcorder into sony vegas. The videos are in .AVI format, but when i import the files and drag them onto the time-line, I have video, but no audio track. Is there a codec for me to download to rectify this problem at all? I have tried using Divx, tried uninstalling Divx, and tried installing the software which came with the camera, but still no audio track.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike KujbidaRe: No Audio in .AVI files?
by on Mar 16, 2010 at 3:52:35 pm

What's the make & model of camcorder?
What version of Vegas are you using (Pro or Movie Studio)?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jay RhodesRe: No Audio in .AVI files?
by on Mar 16, 2010 at 3:56:21 pm

thanks for getting back to me,

My camcorder is a Hitachi D60PT HD CamCorder and I am using Sony Vegas 9.0 Pro.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike KujbidaRe: No Audio in .AVI files?
by on Mar 17, 2010 at 12:12:44 am

I tried googling that camera and didn't find anything on it so I have no idea what kind of avi file it records to.
Grab either GSpot or MediaInfo and let us know what they say about the file.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andre AnthonioRe: No Audio in .AVI files?
by on Mar 25, 2010 at 1:40:24 pm

I'm having the same problem. In my case, though, I captured video (Canon XL2, DV Cassette) with Sony Vegas Pro 9 (64-bit) which created an AVI file. The AVI file plays great on my media players (audio and video). But, when I import into Vegas, only video shows on the timeline...no audio. I tried to convert the AVI to MPEG2 since my MPEG2s are importing fine but it didn't fix the audio and I lost a lot of quality too boot. Needless to say, I need to find a solution. Anything you can offer is appreciated.

Andre Antonio
PHATeFX Panama

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]