Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

png transparency in Vegas 8 and Vegas 9

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Bernd Porrpng transparency in Vegas 8 and Vegas 9
by on Sep 19, 2009 at 10:59:12 am

I've just re-rendered a project with Vegas 9 which I originally worked on with Vegas 8.

I'm using a couple of PNG images with transparency. In Vegas 8 that shows up as transparent areas. However, in vegas 9 the transparent areas just turn to black.

Seems so that Vegas 9 is ignoring the alpha channel in the PNGs.

Anybody with the same problems?

/Bernd

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris FisherRe: png transparency in Vegas 8 and Vegas 9
by on Sep 19, 2009 at 6:43:08 pm

Have you played with (before you bring the PNG into your timeline) with right clicking on the file, going into properties, and specifying that it has alpha, and trying ether Straight (Unmatted) or Premultiplied? Then dragging it into the timeline?

This is what I have to do for video files with an alpha channel.

Be curious to hear if you get this to work, as I might be doing some work with a batch of PNGs in the near future.

-Chris

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

Peter FriendRe: png transparency in Vegas 8 and Vegas 9
by on Sep 21, 2009 at 6:56:31 am

I'm mystified - I use .png pics all the time and have never had any problems in either v8 or v9, I just drop them onto the timeline. I suspect some Preferences setting has somehow been set oddly? (Possibly even for just this particular project - it could be worth testing this by starting a new project and dropping a few .pngs into its timeline just to see how they look.

Does the transparency work correctly on the preview screen?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]