Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

best codec for rendering AVI files in Sony Vegas

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Eruj Haquebest codec for rendering AVI files in Sony Vegas
by on Aug 19, 2009 at 7:12:16 pm

i have for footage in 16:9 30p

i am applying some effects and color correction using FXBlue

after i rendering with default ('Best') AVI DV widescreen in sony vegas .. my video quality dosent look that sharp, it look more like i am playing a video cassette... what codec should i use to reneder AVI in Sony Vegas for the best possible quality ?

also i need a 20 minutes video not to go over 4-5 GB

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Theo van LaarRe: best codec for rendering AVI files in Sony Vegas
by on Aug 19, 2009 at 10:24:16 pm

What will be your end product? DVD? Then your codec should be MainConcept MPEG2 for video and AC3 for audio.

Theo

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David LudwigRe: best codec for rendering AVI files in Sony Vegas
by on Aug 21, 2009 at 5:16:17 pm

i've had good results with the cineform codec.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ben LongdenRe: best codec for rendering AVI files in Sony Vegas
by on Sep 27, 2009 at 7:13:03 am

In the render section, use the .AVI template, and make sure it fits with your current project settings (like NTSC/PAL, 29.97 or 25fps, 16:9 or 4x3 and screen pixel sizes).

For me, I use the standard PAL DV widescreen template (Im in PAL land and shoot widescreen 720x576)

For the video quality, check the "best" box.

The acid test is when rendering an "untweaked" avi clip, is to see the words "recompression not required" in the preview window.

If you get that, all should be well with the world. Reapply your tweaks, and render.

HTH
Ben

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ken KasrielRe: best codec for rendering AVI files in Sony Vegas
by on Oct 25, 2009 at 11:36:09 pm

I have just recently come across the Lagarith Lossless Codec

http://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html

and have achieved some very nice renderings from Vegas with it. In fact it is the best I've found after spending several hours doing systematic comparisons of various codecs (done because I have some footage with some very fine details which need to be preserved).

Lagarith not only looked better to me than some other really good codecs (like Huffyuv and DivX) but creates reasonably small files -- in my trials, they were 10-20% the size of the underlying, uncompressed files.

Hope this helps... good luck

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]