Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

sony pro vegas 9 render error system low on memory!

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
lee haywardsony pro vegas 9 render error system low on memory!
by on Jul 23, 2009 at 4:28:17 pm

hi,
i have sony pro vegas 9.0a and have been rendering some clips approx 5 - 20 seconds, i have rendered about 30 clips but now when i try to render i get the system is low on memory, close apps to gain memory usage error message,

i have my paging file at 4602 and i have a 3.0Gb ram ( laptop dell xps m1530, i run VISTA), in sony pro vegas i have dynamic ram preview set at 0

looking in my task manager sony pro vegas 9 takes around 500,000k
looking at perfomance, ( all this changes slightly )

when pro vegas open -
1.80 GB used ( out of 3.0gb)
total 3069
cached 1523
free around 50

pro vegas closed
1.26gb used
total 3069
(with changing values which are usally around)
cached 1344 -- 1871
free 750 -- 136 can drop to double digits ( why so low? or is this normal )
pysical memory 40 % ( whats taking up so much memory)
cpu usage 10 % (when rendering it rockets up to 90-100%)

----------
i usaually have apparently 50-60 processes running wich i gather is to high how to i reduce this, why is there so many even when i have no apps running.
-------------
i did have norton 360 2.0 but looking around i found out its useless and a resource hog i unistalled it and installed bitdefender 2009 total secruity as its light and good, i optized pc perfomance but still no luck ( also have deframented pc )
----------
so please how do i fix this
how do i reduce ram useage
i need to render about 20, 10 second clips then render a 8 min project containg all these clips within this week. i dont understand why all of a sudden its came up.
-----------
i also recently about a month ago done a clean reformat of my pc so its bacially new, also running service pack 2 vista,
----------
footage is m2ts rendering to wmv
-----------
it renders wma(audio file but not video)
if you need anymore info i am willing to get it
-----------
i just done a memory diagnostics test to check if there was a memory leak but it found no problems.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve RhodenRe: sony pro vegas 9 render error system low on memory!
by on Jul 23, 2009 at 5:22:25 pm

Also Lee..Let me see a list of all the software you
presently have installed on your computer....
Im looking into something.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Creative Arts Director and Film Maker.
Project Samples at:
http://www.youtube.com/hentys

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

lee haywardRe: sony pro vegas 9 render error system low on memory!
by on Jul 23, 2009 at 5:44:52 pm

thanks for the reply,

i have:
bitdefender total security
spybot search and destroy
sony pro vegas 9
adobe photoshop cs4 and related elements
arc soft total media
limewire
microsoft office
eusing registry cleaner
win rar

thats about it( i hope this is what you are looking for).
my pc was clean- reformatted a month ago so i havent got that much stuff installed on it.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Norman WillisRe: sony pro vegas 9 render error system low on memory!
by on Jul 23, 2009 at 10:06:02 pm

I am new, but the solutions I have heard so far have been these:

Reboot Vegas, to defrag the swap file, and also to kill any additional instances of Vegas running in the background.

Make sure project properties are the same as render properties.

Kill all Antivirus and Internet Security before starting a render (as you won't be going online during that time).

In Options > Preferences, set Dynamic RAM Preview to 0. Set number of rendering threads to 1.

If that does not work, please let us know your project properties, and your rendering qualities (including audio).

I hope that helps.

Norman Willis
http://www.nazareneisrael.org
servant@nazareneisrael.org

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 23, 2009 at 10:36:49 pm

my dynamic ram is already set to 0, rendering threads 4 ( tried 1 but made no diffencre)

already defragmented my pc last night , still no luck,

when killing processes what shall i kill ( also it was fine the last couple days, then 1 hour later and it started happening i dont understand what could of changed within an hour)

my render propeties i will give tomoz, they are HD wmv also tried other but no luck apart from wma ( audio)

will also try rendering with all processes down tomorrow (which onces, i dont want to end a necessary process which runs my system)

what are instances of vegas?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Norman WillisRe: sony pro vegas 9 render error system low on memory!
by on Jul 23, 2009 at 11:07:16 pm

Well, now I'm having rendering problems again!

"Instances of Vegas" means that when you press CTRL-ALT-DEL, and you start Windows Task Manager, sometimes Vegas is running more than once (more than one instance) at the same time.

I'm also interested to know what to kill. I will be interested to follow your progress. Let's hope one of the 'big dogs' will come along soon, so you can get some help.

Norman Willis
http://www.nazareneisrael.org
servant@nazareneisrael.org

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 24, 2009 at 5:50:55 pm

without vegas open

without vegas open

with vegas open

with vegas open

during render

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 24, 2009 at 7:36:46 pm

ive made a break through and have managed to render 10 clips without doing anything unusual, no ending processes just simply ram to 0 (like i always have it ) and somehow it just decided to work,

But!! now i have the problem again but its NOT always system low on error during the render it just stops and comes up with a large vergas has stopped working error message which gives you an option to write was you was doing at the time and send the report to sony,

i get this everytime i render now, but at diffrenet times it can be 10% or 20 % or anything but it usally stays in a small radius of the previous render zone , example last render error 17 %, this render error 20 % , new render error 15%, so i am thinking this could be related to the hard disk space available, i have 219GB free so it shouldnt be a problem.

so what is causing this, when i had the system is low on memory error it usally came in the 1% , i ocasionally still get the error message but at simiallar times to when the vegas has stopped working errors appear.

what is happening i need to complete the project by this week, so i have 2days to fix the error and complete, please help me, this is now offically driving me insane i just CANT figure out what is causing it, ive had problems before with rendering but this is definetly the worst like i said i was rendering fine a couple days ago with no changes.

i have posted some screenshots above.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Charles CiarfelloRe: sony pro vegas 9 render error system low on memory!
by on May 19, 2010 at 5:06:28 pm

Norman, this did work for me. I had the same issue with "low memory". That fella may have another issue. But thanks for the help.

and nice website. God Bless!

-Charlie

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bøvs LortRe: sony pro vegas 9 render error system low on memory!
by on Mar 19, 2011 at 11:46:01 am

I had the same problem... But i changed the ram-thing to like 800mb instead of 350 as standard. And now i can render my 10 minutes 720p movie :-)

Sry for bad english, :-(

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian PeckRe: sony pro vegas 9 render error system low on memory!
by on Aug 13, 2011 at 2:48:28 am

I've been piddlepissing around with this problem for months. I had pretty much given up, but for some reason following your example appears to have fixed my problem for the time being. I will continue to check back to this forum in search of the root of the problem and a definite solution.

thanks to everyone who's working on this issue.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Theo van LaarRe: sony pro vegas 9 render error system low on memory!
by on May 19, 2010 at 5:42:57 pm

'Also Lee..Let me see a list of all the software you
presently have installed on your computer....
Im looking into something. '

I have noticed that when I use the Pixelan-Spicemaster plugin, that I get a lot of low-memory errors.

Theo

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Erling FenstadRe: sony pro vegas 9 render error system low on memory!
by on Aug 8, 2009 at 11:39:52 pm

I got the same shitty problem!
The CPU shoots up to 90-100% but må RAM stays on 40%, cause I got 8GB RAM, and it never reaches more then 75%, but still it says: System LOW on memory.
I almost got 2 GB left!

Please, help us!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 9, 2009 at 2:55:16 pm

i havent fixed it yet but heres the main thread http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/896864

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeorge SorosRe: sony pro vegas 9 render error system low on memory!
by on Sep 18, 2009 at 10:31:55 pm

Try to change your virtual memory. Right click on My computer>Properties>Advanced>Performance>Advanced>Virtual memory>set your max and min to the same value e.g. 1024; 1024 and reboot and run the render again!

Hope it helps :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Sep 23, 2009 at 8:08:08 pm

i have just recived my new pc -2.83 ghz quad core 8gb ram, opened up projects it froze for 2 mins then when i started render it completed the full render 100% with in 40 mins. so i am extremely happy now i have managed to render and in such good time for HD video in wmv format, thanks to all what helped

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Matt HayesRe: sony pro vegas 9 render error system low on memory!
by on May 11, 2010 at 10:06:07 pm

I am having the same exact problem. Vegas has froze almost every time I open it. After every 20 times or so it finally opens and I try to render my project but it says system low on memory and sometimes just gives me an error. It was working fine until just recently. I do notice that the FileISOsurrogate.exe proccess is using a tremendous amount of memory, even more than I think it should, and it keeps getting higher. Have you found a solution yet?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Alf HannaRe: sony pro vegas 9 render error system low on memory!
by on May 18, 2010 at 7:04:11 am

I don't know about the recommendation to change your VM to *less* than what W7 64 Bit comes assigned with. My *default* setting for VM is 6143 MB why on earth would I set it to 1024 when I'm getting "low memory" errors?

Alf

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 18, 2010 at 9:41:41 am

the only way i fixed low memory error is by buying a 2.83 ghz quad core PC on 64 bit( didnt try 32 bit) with 8gb ram worked like a treat its the fact that if your pc is to slow it cant handle the data in hd if there is a vast amount, and actually corrupts the timeline,( well it did for me) so no solution i found and i tried everything there is, just maybe get a new pc, i might be selling mine if anyone is intrested =] haha

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark AltlandRe: sony pro vegas 9 render error system low on memory!
by on Jun 9, 2010 at 2:01:26 pm

I just ran into the same problem about a week ago. I tried to figure out what I may have done to cause this. My computer is 1.5 yrs old, windows 7 pro, i7 quad core with 6gig ram, ATI 4850 graphics card, so handling the program is not a problem. I was editing jpeg photos with SD video. Ran numerous renders prior to this happening and never had a problem.

After careful consideration the only change I made to the computer was to the system restore. I made the system restore capacity larger. I decided to changed the size of the restore back to the original size, ran the render several times & it worked each time. I am not absolutely sure if that was the cause, but it seem awfully coincidental.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

James GreenRe: sony pro vegas 9 render error system low on memory!
by on Dec 5, 2011 at 8:28:21 am

Any fixes on this yet? =/

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark AltlandRe: sony pro vegas 9 render error system low on memory!
by on Dec 5, 2011 at 3:50:00 pm

I use the 64 bit version of vegas and never have a problem.

Mark

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]