Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Need more Help with Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0 Speed up/Transparancy

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Julia AbelleNeed more Help with Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0 Speed up/Transparancy
by on Apr 23, 2009 at 8:13:01 pm

I am continuing to make my video and some simple tasks are seemingly impossible to put through :( Nothing in Help or I just can't find how to do..

1) How to speed up an event/separate video file?

2) How to make the event on the other track that being put agaisnt the background event to be transparant on all edges?
It should be smoothly incorporated.

See the pic and don't laugh :]]]

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f108/Nefariouslash/Vegas_pic.jpg

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike KujbidaRe: Need more Help with Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0 Speed up/Transparancy
by on Apr 23, 2009 at 8:27:50 pm

1. Place the cursor at the end of the clip, hold down the Ctrl key and drag it backwards.
This works in Vegas Pro but you're using Movie Studio so this may not work.

2. Does the top image have an alpha channel (necessary for transparency)?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Julia AbelleRe: Need more Help with Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0 Speed up/Transparancy
by on Apr 23, 2009 at 9:30:38 pm

1) if you mean a mouse cursor than it seems like the draging it back (a zigzaz line shows up) just crops the file till where i stop the cursor, but the speed remains just the same.

2) Just checked, it was "None". So I changed it to "Premultiplied" as recommended in Help. I just didn't know that transparancy connects to alpha, and where to search info.

Will have to study this part and probably will manage after that. Though if you have a quick idea what to try to do, I'd appreciate it of course.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike KujbidaRe: Need more Help with Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0 Speed up/Transparancy
by on Apr 23, 2009 at 9:36:13 pm

1. Yes, the mouse cursor in Vegas.
If it will work in Movie Studio, it should look like a box when you place it at the end of the clip.
When you hold the Ctrl key down at the same time, you'll get a "squiggle" under it that looks like ~
If you don't get that, then there's nothing you can do to get speed control except upgrade to Vegas Pro.

2. What format is the image?
Do you have Photoshop or a similar paint program?
I use PNG images all the time and they retain the transparency info with out me having to do anything.
If Premultiplied doesn't work, try the other options.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Julia AbelleRe: Need more Help with Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0 Speed up/Transparancy
by on Apr 24, 2009 at 7:04:25 am

Hi Mike!

I will try to do the 1) again tonight and see if i get any "box".
As for the 2) it is video files both, they placed on different tracks and are layered against one another due to the reduced opacity and size of the above one (Aragorn/Arwen)

So, it's not a still image.
I wonder if there any functions (even in your Vegas) that let to wipe out the hard outlines of the frame so is just faces seen against the background video file, and not the whole frame.
Might masks be helpful? Just like in Photoshop. I saw Vegas had them, too, though I had't read on them yet if they could be any of help in solving my problem.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

khanh nguyenRe: Need more Help with Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0 Speed up/Transparancy
by on Apr 24, 2009 at 2:09:44 pm

Mask is a feature of vegas Pro. In studio, the "mask" is simplified to cookie cutter (or something like that). Look into feathering setup in your cookie cutter (and use the eclipse or circular cutter to isolate the faces).

There's a way to speed up the video by changing it frame rate in virtualdub. It's free but maynot be as user friendly as you would like. The Control-Drag method should work in Vegas studio.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 24, 2009 at 8:32:59 pm

Thank you very much for your councils guys. it was helpful indeed. I now have an idea at least of what to search/read up and experiment with.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave BrandtRe: Need more Help with Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0 Speed up/Transparancy
by on Apr 25, 2009 at 8:20:59 pm

To get the feathered edges you want just apply the border effect to your smaller clip, edit the color to be transparent and that should do it.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]