Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Vegas 8c & Panasonic HD -- vegas crashes

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Kit CassinghamVegas 8c & Panasonic HD -- vegas crashes
by on Nov 21, 2008 at 11:30:46 pm

I have Sony Vegas Movie Studio 8.0c. It's worked with my previous Panasonic HD cameras (one tape the other card) for awhile now. But I upgraded my camera to the HDC-SD100 and now can't open or play most clips.

I lowered the camera's "resolution" (1440x1080) to the lowest possible which only makes Vegas crash slower (it takes a bit longer for it to crash). What do I need to do to be productive with this camera?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Douglas Spotted EagleRe: Vegas 8c & Panasonic HD -- vegas crashes
by on Nov 22, 2008 at 2:10:37 am

Are you Xferring the files to your HDD first? Or trying to edit straight off the camera?

Douglas Spotted Eagle
VASST

Certified Sony Vegas Trainer
Aerial Camera/Instructor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kit CassinghamRe: Vegas 8c & Panasonic HD -- vegas crashes
by on Nov 22, 2008 at 7:14:11 pm

I'm transferring to my HDD first. Some short clips will play, but anything longer than short will crash Vegas.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike FajdigaRe: Vegas 8c & Panasonic HD -- vegas crashes
by on Apr 19, 2009 at 7:17:16 am

I own a Panasonic HDC-SD100 and Vegas Pro. I have been trying hundreds of options in Vegas and in the camera for five months now. I have had over 20 customer support sessions on this issue with Sony Support. There is simply no solution to this while Sony refuse to acknowledge that 8C and Panasonic AVCHD is simply incompatible. My longest succesful render in Vegas is 30 seconds. Anything more than this will crash the application. Sorry, I want a solution too.

Sony only real suggestion was to convert every clip to Windows Media (wmv) at low resolution (SD)as a work around!!! How rediculous. Why did I buy an HD camera and an HD editor? Thousands of dollars down the drain.

Mike

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave EdwardsRe: Vegas 8c & Panasonic HD -- vegas crashes
by on May 19, 2009 at 7:24:34 am

Hi,

I too use the Panasonic HDC-SD100 and Vegas Pro 8c.

I am unable to render 1920 x 1080 HD but can create .wmv at 1440 x 1080 - HD but not full HD.

I have been experimenting with the trial version of Vegas Pro 9 which renders more material before crashing with an out of memory error.

Is this similar to your experience?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kit CassinghamRe: Vegas 8c & Panasonic HD -- vegas crashes
by on May 19, 2009 at 12:34:43 pm

Vegas Platinum 8d took care of my problems. Upgrading to 9 soon.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 19, 2009 at 12:42:23 pm

I have fixed the problem but it's a big fix. I have upgraded to Vista 64 bit operating system and have loaded Vegas Pro 8.1 (64-bit). It works perfectly without crashes. I can render at 1440X1080 (the best available option in Vegas for AVCHD) and can burn a blu-ray at 1920X1080 without any problems. 32 bit operating systems simply don't allow enough memory for AVCHD rendering (maximum 3GB). It's not actually a Vegas Pro fault however Sony should be more up front and state that 32-bit does not allow for AVCHD rendering at HD. Hope this helps.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 19, 2009 at 2:44:42 pm

Hi Mike: that's very helpful, but does Vegas 8.1 still prevent you from reaching 1920 x 1080 even given your 64bit OS?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 19, 2009 at 9:30:39 pm

You can only render at 1440x1080 but you can burn a blu-ray at 1920x1080 in Version 8.0c. A bit strange!! Below is the response I received from Sony Support last night:

Hi Mike,

Thank you for contacting Sony Creative Software. It is not possible to render above 1440x1080 in Vegas Pro 8.1. It is not possible to render 1920x1080 AVC in Version 8.1. To answer your second question, the functionality of Vegas Pro 8.1 and it's audio file displays for 5.1 audio is indeed different from the Vegas pro 8.0c and Vegas Pro 9.0 software, however, this functionality cannot be adjusted in Vegas Pro 8.1. This functionality in Vegas Pro 9 was set back to our previous functionality in Vegas Pro 8.0 rather than the Vegas Pro 8.1 update.

The best option available for you to obtain the ability to render in 1920x1080 AVC and see your 5.1 audio as six channels placed into separate events with the panner set centrally, would be to upgrade from your version 8.0c to the Vegas Pro 9.0.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 21, 2009 at 6:43:33 am

I've been trying to render in 1920 x 1080 using the trial version of Vegas Pro 9: it begins, but on my 32bit system rendering a 30 minute item it fails after around 30% complaining that there is insufficient memory (although it didn't actually seem to be using the available memory,- 3Gb). Do Sony mean the 64bit version (in Mike's post)? Has anyone succeeded in rendering 1920 x 1080 AVCHD without error?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 21, 2009 at 9:06:18 pm

Vegas Pro 8.1 or Vegas Pro 9.0 (64-bit) work perfectly under Vista 64-bit. I am rendering 1920x1080 AVCHD from my Panasonic SD-100. Length of render in excess of 30 minutes witout error and quite fast (less than 45 minutes!). Vegas Pro 9.0 32-bit crashes even under Vista 64-bit. It's true that it crashes stating insufficient system memory even though the System Monitor reports only 2.1GB during render. AVCHD amd 32-bit just doesn' work.

Spend the $150 on upgrading to Vista 64-bit and all your worries will be gone. I am running 6GB memory, Intel i7 quad processor.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 23, 2009 at 8:19:36 am

Hi Mike, thanks for that. Following your advice I loaded the 64 bit version of Windows 7 RC onto a spare HD, then 8.1, and hey presto,- a 1920 x 1080 render (albeit after 7 hours,- your speed of rendering must have to do with the i7 and the 6Gb of RAM,- my setup is more modest). However.. my worries are not quite over yet as much of the audio disappeared following an error on loading my 8.0c file saying, for each of a number of files, ".m2ts has changed enough that the media stream properties from the project file could not be applied. Default media stream properties were used." The audio attaching to the video had vanished. :-(

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 23, 2009 at 8:32:29 am

..I've just tried the 64bit trial version of 9.0 which works and suggests that 8.1 has a bug. The problem there is the jerkiness of the preview. Sounds like I'll have to throw more money at the problem.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Peter PopoviciRe: Vegas 8c & Panasonic HD -- vegas crashes
by on Apr 26, 2010 at 1:05:03 pm

Grea info Mike, my AVCHD clips when rendering, having multiple Fx's added the "system is low on memory..." message pops up. So I need to upgrade my Windows 7 to 64 bits and my Sony Vegas Pro 9.0d to 64 bits one also, ha? My CPU INTEL CORE i5 i5-750 2.66 GHZ 8MB, a VIDEO (card) HIS ATI PCI-E HD 4850 iCOOLER IV 512MB 256 bit DDR3 and a DDR III HYPERX 4GB 2*2GB KINGSTON memory are O.K. ?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]