Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Sony Vegas 8 > Quicktime Pro Import Issue

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Daniel FluriSony Vegas 8 > Quicktime Pro Import Issue
by on May 8, 2008 at 12:15:52 pm

Hello everyone, i'm new here and need some support:

I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8.0 testversion.

I want to open a file with Quicktime.mp4 (MPEG-4 Movie) and use for this Quicktime PRO V7.1.5 what is the newest version of Quicktime.

>>> Sony Vegas failure: Popup with information that only Quicktime files from version 7.1.6 and above can be imported. But this version doesen't exist on Windows. I use Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit.

Any help?

Thx

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Daniel FluriRe: Sony Vegas 8 > Quicktime Pro Import Issue
by on May 8, 2008 at 2:07:33 pm

Hello

I found the problem & solution: Quicktime updater doesen't work, i had to reinstall and download 7.4.5.

Now it works.

Plz delete this thread.

Greetings

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Douglas Spotted EagleRe: Sony Vegas 8 > Quicktime Pro Import Issue
by on May 8, 2008 at 2:39:02 pm

Quicktime 7.2 is indeed available for Windows, it's installed on most of our machines. Be sure you've installed the entire app, not just the read components.

Douglas Spotted Eagle
VASST

Certified Sony Vegas Trainer
Aerial Camera/Instructor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Daniel FluriRe: Sony Vegas 8 > Quicktime Pro Import Issue
by on May 8, 2008 at 8:44:08 pm

Hi

Thx for your support, after reinstalling i finaly got 7.5.4 version, now it works.

Greetings

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff MillerRe: Sony Vegas 8 > Quicktime Pro Import Issue
by on Dec 7, 2008 at 11:31:55 am

I have the same problem, I can't import QuickTime.mov Files into Vegas Pro 8.

I'm running Windows XP service 2. I have installed the latest QuickTime 7.55 Version for Windows and still can't import into vegas pro 8. I receive error message telling me to update.

What did you mean ??? -- Be sure you've installed the entire app, not just the read components. -- Please explain...

How I installed the latest Quicktime 7.55 was that I downloaded it to my desktop and installed it from there. Isn't that the correct way to do it??? Isn't that installing it as full install??? Am I missing something??? Can you Please explain??? Thank You.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Douglas Spotted EagleRe: Sony Vegas 8 > Quicktime Pro Import Issue
by on Dec 7, 2008 at 3:42:14 pm

What codec is inside the .mov container?

Douglas Spotted Eagle
VASST

Certified Sony Vegas Trainer
Aerial Camera/Instructor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff MillerRe: Sony Vegas 8 > Quicktime Pro Import Issue
by on Dec 7, 2008 at 7:54:15 pm

Hi Douglas,

Rendering as QuickTime.mov container I've tried it with PhotoJpeg, PNG, Video, Sorenson Video, And also with None.

I get the following error message:
The Sony QuickTime plug-in was not able to initialize the QuickTime Components on your system. It appears that QuickTime for Windows is not properly installed.
QuickTime files cannot be read or written without a full installation of the QuickTime Version 7.1.6 or greater components, including the authoring components.

I've downloaded for Windows QuickTime 7.55 Version without iTunes to my desktop and installed it from there. I'm assuming that that is a Full Installation Download??? But I'm not sure??? Not sure what to try next???

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Aaron BergRe: Sony Vegas 8 > Quicktime Pro Import Issue
by on Aug 23, 2011 at 6:45:01 am

I've had the same issue as well. If I install the latest QuickTime my MOV files are BLACK when imported into Sony Vegas 8 Pro in Windows XP sp3.

I had to uninstall the new quicktime and find an earlier version of quicktime, and it worked. Something with the new version of quicktime Sony Vegas Pro 8 doesn't like because it works fine on Sony Vegas Pro 10 with the latest version of QT.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]