Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

In what format should I render my final video?

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Tom KarlemoIn what format should I render my final video?
by on Mar 28, 2008 at 7:49:05 pm

Im using vegas movie studio 4 but have allways struggled with rendering the final movie. I want to make best quality DVD for use with a regular DVD player and TV.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Edward TroxelRe: In what format should I render my final video?
by on Mar 28, 2008 at 8:38:52 pm

Standard SD DVDs are MPEG2 - that's your only choice. You can render to some other format but when you give that file to DVD Architect it will then have to convert it to MPEG2 (giving you the associated generational loss).

Edward Troxel
JETDV Scripts

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tom KarlemoRe: In what format should I render my final video?
by on Mar 28, 2008 at 8:44:00 pm

The mpeg2 option stated that there would be no audio?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mil BogoRe: In what format should I render my final video?
by on Mar 29, 2008 at 12:01:28 am

I am new to Vegas - so I hope my answer is correct (I think it is because this is what I do)and it works.

You need to also render the audio - not just he video to mpeg to. I render to Ac3 - then bring both into DVD architect.

good luck.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chuck ManlyRe: In what format should I render my final video?
by on Mar 29, 2008 at 2:06:54 am

Since I have lots of room on my harddrive I render to avi best quality. I then have more options down the road.

I let DVD Architect do whatever it needs to to make a DVD.
In the case of an avi file it needs to re-render to mpeg2 and that does take extra time.

I can always free up space my making archival data DVD's of my larger avi files if my harddrive fills up.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Douglas Spotted EagleRe: In what format should I render my final video?
by on Mar 29, 2008 at 2:08:38 am

If you are rendering to a DV codec avi before rendering to MPEG for DVD, and using that avi as your DVD master, you are tossing nearly 75% of non-camera data away, and half of DV-acquired data away.
In other words, you're shortchanging your DVD by quite a lot.

Douglas Spotted Eagle
VASST

Certified Sony Vegas Trainer
Aerial Camera/Instructor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chuck ManlyRe: In what format should I render my final video?
by on Mar 29, 2008 at 2:36:10 am

Is there 1 format to render as that I can archive my work and then use on multiple delivery systems?

I'm working on a project now that will be used on a web site,
DVD's and even VHS. It is a 5 to 7 minute testimonial.

How would you procede?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Allen ZagelRe: In what format should I render my final video?
by on Mar 29, 2008 at 10:52:37 am

For DVD, you can only render to MPEG-2 (video) and best to use AC3 (sudio) make sure both have the exact same file name.

For VHS tape if you have a digital/analog converter like the Canopus (Grass Valley) ADVC 110 (or100) you can print to to a VHS tape directly from the timeline without 'rendering'.

For web you can go WMV or Flash. Vegas won't encode to Flash.

There's really no way AFAIK to do it all with only 1 render. Unless you have something like Squeeze that will batch encode 3 seperate files at once.

Allen

ASX Media Group, Inc.
http://www.asxvideo.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Adam GaskinsRe: In what format should I render my final video?
by on Dec 3, 2009 at 4:23:32 am

In Vegas 9 you can go to 'tools' > 'scripts' > 'batch rendering' and choose both an MPEG2 preset and an AC3 preset. For my HV20 widescreen footage I use the DVD Widescreen and DVD Stereo presets, respectively. I know this thread is ancient, but its a top Google result for 'what format should I render to for DVD with Vegas?', so people may find this useful. As for a format that gives you the most flexibility in the future... just archive your Vegas project! Then you can always render from the source, and it's likely a lot smaller than rendering to an uncompressed AVI!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]