Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Adding motion to still pictures gives flickering effect

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
lodge7490Adding motion to still pictures gives flickering effect
by on Sep 25, 2007 at 6:06:13 pm

Hi, I use Vegas to animate still pictures of houses (interior/exterior) to create virtual open houses. I add brightness and contrast filter if needed and light sharpening filter on every still. I add motion to every pic to simulate movement. But when I render some of the animations have flickering/studdering lines. I mostly see these lines like on the roofs of houses (shingles etc.) and on trees (leaves etc.). I've tried all the rendering options (None progressive scan, lower field first, upper field first) and still get that flickering effect. I've used a filter on Final Cut Pro called de-interlace (flicker filter max) to get rid and clear most of the flickering lines and it works fine, but I need a similar solution for Vegas. Any ideas?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John GordonRe: Adding motion to still pictures gives flickering effect
by on Sep 25, 2007 at 8:17:34 pm

right click on the event, select the reduce interlace flicker or you could add a slight gaussian blur of .001 to the pic to help conceal the "jitters". It's a common occurance in high resolution pictures.

Good Luck

John

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

daveboRe: Adding motion to still pictures gives flickering effect
by on Sep 27, 2007 at 8:17:52 pm

Sometimes if that doesn't help it enough, I just resize the photos real quick. I mainly work in SD so 3000xwhatever jpgs are overkill for 720x480 video. You can shrink them in any image program without losing the motions you've already done in Vegas.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]