Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Using Visual Studio 2005 for Vegas scripts

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
apostleofzionUsing Visual Studio 2005 for Vegas scripts
by on Jul 17, 2007 at 10:11:18 am

hi ,
VS 2005 Express edition for C# is available as a free download from microsoft. This particualrly targets .Net 2.0 framework. Since Vegas 7 script uses c# language.It should be really useful and fast to use VS 2005 c# Express.

When creating a windows form application ,we get 4 files. Form1.cs(to code action for form buttons&events) ,Form1.Designer.cs(pre built code for the form creation) , Program.cs(to start the program),AssemblyInfo.cd (for assembly ).

In Vegas scripting we have the Clas EntryPoint with the public function FromVegas (). I don't know where to include this function in those files to create a dll for the Sony Vegas 7.
Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

jeditdvRe: Using Visual Studio 2005 for Vegas scripts
by on Jul 17, 2007 at 1:01:07 pm

Take a look at Vol 4 #3 of my newsletters. It should give you enough info on where to put that. If not, let me know and I'll help you out.

Edward Troxel
JETDV Scripts

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

apostleofzionRe: Using Visual Studio 2005 for Vegas scripts
by on Jul 19, 2007 at 6:08:22 am

hi edward ,
In that newsletter you have mentioned a file called Interop.VegasCOM.DLL which would be found in the Vegas 6.0 folder. But I'm using Vegas 7 , i couldn't find that file in Vegas 7 folder .Although i was able to add reference for the Sony.Vegas.dll in VS 2005 C# through the project properties.
And you have given the link for the project file . I assume that project was done in VS "2003" .But i when i opened in VS 2005 , it converted the project . and gave two missing refernces out which the one mentioned in the top is not found. the other one " Sony.Vegas.dll "was found and i added it .
so i deleted the other reference and it works.
Thanks for the article edward.Hope this clarifies any doubts regarding using VS2005 for vegas.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

jeditdvRe: Using Visual Studio 2005 for Vegas scripts
by on Jul 19, 2007 at 1:24:12 pm

[apostleofzion] "you have mentioned a file called Interop.VegasCOM.DLL which would be found in the Vegas 6.0 folder. But I'm using Vegas 7 , i couldn't find that file in Vegas 7 folder ."

You are correct. That file is not necessary to add at this time.

[apostleofzion] "so i deleted the other reference and it works."

Glad to hear you got it working.

[apostleofzion] "Hope this clarifies any doubts regarding using VS2005 for vegas."

Vegas 5 used VS2003. Vegas 6 did as well. With Vegas 7, you can, technically, use either. To have a single version for versions 6 and 7, I stuck with VS2003. If you're only going to be working in Vegas 7 or newer, VS2005 is what you need.

Edward Troxel
JETDV Scripts

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

apostleofzionRe: Using Visual Studio 2005 for Vegas scripts
by on Jul 20, 2007 at 5:21:37 am

thanks for the clarification and guidance :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]