Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

prerendered files

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
michael o'connorprerendered files
by on Dec 22, 2006 at 11:13:00 pm

I have been using vegas for a while and was looking around for some hard drive space when I found a lot of files labeled as "prerendered video file" followed by a number. It appears whenever I have rendered a project, it has cut the project into these files as it was rendering?? Is there a use for them or will I be able to delete them, and still be able to use the original veg file to make changes and re-render my projects? Thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

jeditdvRe: prerendered files
by on Dec 23, 2006 at 2:01:54 am

You can, generally, safely delete them. However, If you've done a Pre-render or a Print To Tape and those are being used by your project, you'll lose those pre-renders. I would wait until done with the project before deleting them but it is not 100% necessary.

Edward Troxel
JETDV Scripts

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

michael o'connorRe: prerendered files
by on Dec 26, 2006 at 3:28:40 pm

Thanks for the info. I haven't been doing a lot of pre-renders and that's why I was suprised to see so many files with that designation. Happy New Year Edward!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

mario gutierrezRe: prerendered files
by on Jul 6, 2011 at 5:01:19 am

I am using sony vegas pro 10. i have been pre-rendering my video but i can't seem to find the files on my hard drive. whats the name of the folder? where can i find it? i promise i won't do it again.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike KujbidaRe: prerendered files
by on Jul 6, 2011 at 10:51:34 am

File > Properties > Prerendered files folder will tell you where the default location is.
This is one of several folders that I always change the location of, preferably to a different hard drive so as to not clog my drive C.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kelly GriffinRe: prerendered files (follow up)
by on Sep 23, 2011 at 8:38:11 pm

Can someone please explain what a prerendered file is (and does)? At first I thought it was a "sub-clip", but from reading this thread it doesn't look like it is.

I asked the question to a tutor guy I hired awhile back and he didn't know what it was, either.

Is this filepath something I need to/should address every time I start a project?

Also, why is it defaulted to "Good" instead of "Best"?

Thanks,

--Kelly

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike KujbidaRe: prerendered files (follow up)
by on Sep 23, 2011 at 9:08:25 pm

Think of a prerender as a (potentially very) long RAM render.
I use it a lot when I want to see what a section looks like at Best/Full that's too long for a RAM render.

From the online help menu:

From the Tools menu, choose Selectively Prerender Video to render temporary preview files for the sections of your project that cannot be rendered in real time. These temporary preview files are used when you play back that section of the project.

When you perform a selective prerender, a separate preview file is created for each section of your project that needs to be prerendered. Sections that contain transitions, effects, and compositing will need to be prerendered; unprocessed DV media files will not.

Selective prerendering is helpful when previewing on an external monitor.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kelly GriffinRe: prerendered files (follow up)
by on Sep 23, 2011 at 9:12:50 pm

Ah... makes sense. Thanks.

I miss the days of lots of brute force hardware pushing stuff out to monitors in realtime...

--Kelly

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike KujbidaRe: prerendered files (follow up)
by on Sep 23, 2011 at 9:26:39 pm

I do too Kelly but I sure don't miss the cost of being able to do that :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]