Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Restored Files

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
BackwoodsTerrorMovieRestored Files
by on Aug 4, 2006 at 3:56:38 pm

I had a project that I did on my computer, and the power went out. When it came back on, I opened Vegas and got my restored file of what I was working on, and saved it (not save as, I just hit the disk icon) Now after closing it and re opening vegas, I am not sure where the file is. The title of the file came out to be like 0000000000restored.vf or something on that line. Does anyone know where it would save to on my computer and/or how I can find it?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

jeditdvRe: Restored Files
by on Aug 4, 2006 at 4:25:58 pm

Click on "File" and then at the bottom should be a list of the last few files opened/saved. See if it's in that list. If it is, open it and then immediately do a File - Save As.

Alternately, search for all files with that extension (are you using Movie Studio? Sounds like it from that extension as the full version of Vegas uses .VEG). Generally speaking, I believe you'll find them in the "Temporary" folder. The temporary files location is set by going to Options - Preference at the bottom of the first tab that opens.

Edward Troxel
JETDV Scripts

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Anoni MooseRe: Restored Files
by on Aug 4, 2006 at 8:30:32 pm

Not sure about Vegas, but in most Windows programs (you didn't say what you were using) if you do a "Save-As", it'll go to the same directory that a "Save" would go to. So if you do that, just wee what directory the "Save->As" is going, and it's probably there.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]