Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Vegas for dummies?

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
kurganVegas for dummies?
by on Jul 27, 2006 at 1:54:46 pm

Sorry to interrupt what looks like excellent information but is there such a thing as a total step by step beginners manual/platform for recently migrated wysiwyg users like me? I'm totally burned out on wizards and "do it this way or else" and end up with a much less than satisfactory product (programs like Nero and Pinnacle) and Vegas6 with the dvd arch. seemed like the next logical step. Jeering, pointing fingers and giggling are accepted as long as it comes with information =8-) thanks in advance!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

jeditdvRe: Vegas for dummies?
by on Jul 27, 2006 at 3:45:53 pm

Take a look at the Beginner's Corner series beginning in the 4th issue of my newsletters.

Edward Troxel
JETDV Scripts

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Gary KleinerRe: Vegas for dummies?
by on Jul 27, 2006 at 6:41:35 pm

I produce instuctional videos which you can find by clicking below my name.

Gary Kleiner

Vegas Training and Tools.com

Learn Vegas and DVD Architect

http://www.VegasTrainingAndTools.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Doug LewisRe: Vegas for dummies?
by on Jul 28, 2006 at 2:05:36 am

I highly recommend Gary's videos! I have the Vegas 5 Companion and DVD Authoring with DVD Architect 2.0 training DVDs. I watch and refer to them often. It is the best investment I've made since buying Vegas!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ralph HajikRe: Vegas for dummies?
by on Jul 29, 2006 at 10:53:57 pm

Hi kurgan,

I have to strongly agree with Doug. I've been with Sony Vegas since Vegas 4. I have Gary Kleiner's Vegas5 Companion Tutorial which is a 5 disc set, plus I have the DVD Authoring with DVD Architect 2.0 Tutorial which is a 2 disc set. I have moved onto Vegas6 and I have his new Vegas6 tutorials along with Architect3. They're a great reference to have.
Good Luck.

Ralph Hajik
Westmont, IL

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

kurganRe: Vegas for dummies?
by on Jul 29, 2006 at 11:04:47 pm

And you both consider these tutorials or reference media suitable for the beginner? As in "Great looking screen, lots of buttons, what the heck do I do now" beginner?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ralph HajikRe: Vegas for dummies?
by on Jul 29, 2006 at 11:19:41 pm

Hi kurgan,

I'm not a professional by no means, but I like to think so, HA! HA!
I do videography/Photography as a hobby and what an expensive one at that. I'm in the process of putting together a still picture photo montage of my last trip from Hungary to Amsterdam with music. Where ever you start, I suggest getting the tutorials because Gary explains step by step on what to do and explains each and every detail about the program. You can learn the basics or expand your learning curve by learning more of the advance steps.
Good Luck. You can e-mail me if you like to talk further at:
welovetotravel1985@yahoo.com

Ralph Hajik
Westmont, IL

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Doug LewisRe: Vegas for dummies?
by on Jul 30, 2006 at 3:11:22 am

I would recommend for a beginner! Gary explains how Vegas works very well. As I've said before, I learn something new every time I watch a disc.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]