Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Can this be done in Vegas?

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
maynard001Can this be done in Vegas?
by on Oct 19, 2005 at 7:13:10 pm

http://www.youthunlimited.com/yfc_regeneration.wmv

I would like to do an adaptation of this as an x-mas present with family pictures and videos in it. Before I get too deep into it I'd like to know if Vegas is capable of doing this.

I tried a quick test version and the first issue I noticed was track movement. As i move around from "picture" to "picture" on my corkboard, I noticed that the video overlays don't move with the background. Will track grouping allow me to make the same exact movements across multiple tracks?

The original creator of the movie said he did it in After Affects...

thanks in advance,
Jason

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Glenn DelauneRe: Can this be done in Vegas?
by on Oct 19, 2005 at 8:16:34 pm

This can be done in Vegas. One way would to be to assemble a large picture in Photoshop with all of the smaller photos arranged on a cork background and then once in Vegas use the pan/zoom to move around the large photo. It would take a good knowledge of keyframing in Vegas to achieve this. For the video portions you can use video on a seprate track and track motion it into the size needed.

Glenn

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rick DolishnyRe: Can this be done in Vegas?
by on Oct 20, 2005 at 7:31:46 pm

Can it be done? Yes.

Without a moving camera though you are going to be driving yourself insane. AE or I prefer Combustion is good for this sort of thing: anything with a moving 3D camera or object I go Combustion for some reason.

- Rick

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

maynard001Re: Can this be done in Vegas?
by on Oct 21, 2005 at 4:51:57 pm

By "driving yourself insane" are you referring to the massive amount of keyframing I would need to do? If so, I think I experienced that last night.

I tried a quick test last night and quickly realized that when I pan around on the background image moving from photo to photo, all of the superimposed images want to move rather than staying anchored in one spot.

Here's an example of my poor little test video...

test movie

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Glenn DelauneRe: Can this be done in Vegas?
by on Oct 24, 2005 at 6:06:54 pm

You've got the right idea. You have to learn how to keyframe the video out of the way as you move around the pictures. Also, there are settings for the keyframes and the way they behave. You can adjust them to move smoothly, slowly, hold, etc.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

marcelokronRe: Can this be done in Vegas?
by on Oct 22, 2005 at 4:37:24 am

Hi Jason... I'm very impressed with this video... can you ask for your friend how he did this on After??

Thanks!!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

maynard001Re: Can this be done in Vegas?
by on Oct 22, 2005 at 9:12:27 pm

It's actually not anyone I know. This video was posted on the forum a few months ago and it inspired me to try something new...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

hkingyRe: Can this be done in Vegas?
by on Oct 27, 2005 at 9:03:27 pm

I read this post and decided to see if I could recreate the effect. I agree with Glenn that you need to make a large photoshop file of the background to start off with. My experiment was done entirely in Vegas 5. No cameras were involved. It's actually quite a simple effect. Hope the link works, sorry the video size is so small.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res7b5yh/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/vega...

Here's how I did it:

In Photoshop, I created a 1920x1080 image of the background with all the pictures in it. I also made 2 white boxes where the video will go. I imported that image into Vegas and made it 1:30 in length. My project size is set a 1920x1080. I placed a video clip on a 2nd layer and used crop/zoom to 'shrink' it down over one of the white boxes but leaving some white border showing. I repeated this with a 2nd clip on a 3rd layer. I rendered this out uncompressed to keep the 1920x1080 resolution. Close this project.

I opened a 'new' project with a canvas size of 720x480, imported the uncompressed video clip into this project and used crop/zoom to Zoom in and appled keyframes to make the pan moves from one photo to another. Render this out at DV resolution or whatever you like and you've got yourself an effect! Hope this helps!

Harlan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Glenn DeLauneRe: Can this be done in Vegas?
by on Oct 28, 2005 at 3:55:56 pm

Good job HK

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]