Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PARTICLE ILLUSION:particle Illusion Forumparticle Illusion Tutorialsparticle IllusionAfter Effects ForumAutodesk Combustion Forum

Last time a physical CD was made

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Francois BlawatLast time a physical CD was made
by on May 3, 2012 at 8:04:41 pm

Alan,

It appears by original pi3 disc from 2004 was scratched and I had e-mailed tech support. They indicated they do not sell replacement CD's. My two questions to you are:

1. When did you stop selling physical CD's?

2. Is it no longer needed to install from CD in order to get the organized libraries? They provided me an exe file but I thought I remember reading somewhere you needed to install from CD in order for the organized library to be installed with the program.

Thanks.

- - - - -
FixitMAD

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Alan LorenceRe: Last time a physical CD was made
by on May 18, 2012 at 2:45:49 pm

No, if you download the emitter library zips, you should get the reorganized emitters.

You'll find though that since there are now more libraries released after this reorganization than before, the majority of the emitters will not be organized.

That's why using the search function of particleView is important. Also, the emitter catalog may be useful.

Alan.

Alan Lorence
Product Manager
GenArts, Inc.
http://www.genarts.com
http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Francois BlawatRe: Last time a physical CD was made
by on May 30, 2012 at 7:51:12 pm

Thanks Alan. I was just checking because I am going to need to re-install this program soon since I'm changing hardware on my system.

I assume the only way to organize the library now is to manually create new groups correct?

Thanks.

- - - - -
FixitMAD

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]