Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PARTICLE ILLUSION:particle Illusion Forumparticle Illusion Tutorialsparticle IllusionAfter Effects ForumAutodesk Combustion Forum

Update question

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Paul HansenUpdate question
by on Nov 11, 2007 at 5:41:57 am

When I open PI 3.02 a small window comes up and says "No Internet Connection" when I am connected to the internet.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

jholsteRe: Update question
by on Nov 12, 2007 at 6:08:34 am

Paul,

The Auto Update feature is attempting to access http://www.wondertouch.com to see if there are any emitter libraries or application updates available for down load and apparently can’t get to the web site.

If you are using a proxy server for Internet access you will need to verify your “Internet Settings” in control panel (Win XP, not sure for Vista), connections tab and “Lan settings”. Yes you do need to fill in the information even if you don’t plan to ever use Internet Explorer.

If it is the “Firewall” blocking access you will need to add particleIllusion.exe as an exception. I am not 100% sure on this one because some IT setups just won't allow any update systems to work.

If these don't help give us some feedback about your setup,

John

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Paul HansenRe: Update question
by on Nov 12, 2007 at 5:48:56 pm

Thanks, John... I checked all those settings and all seems to be correct.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Alan LorenceRe: Update question
by on Nov 12, 2007 at 1:15:14 pm

This error didn't happen in the beta versions of 3.0.2? (You *were* part of the beta test for this.)

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Nov 12, 2007 at 5:50:21 pm

Yes, I WAS in the Beta test group... :o) In the test program, I never got a little window opening up to tell me it was searching for updates.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Nov 12, 2007 at 7:33:07 pm

Paul,

the "Checking for updates..." window was just added but the other functionality should be the same.

Was the message you saw "No Internet connection!" or "Could not connect to server."

Also, are you ( DSL, cable, Dial-up, wireless, T1, etc. )?

Thanks,

John

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Nov 12, 2007 at 9:05:17 pm

It said, "No internet Connection" I had to click the X 3 times to get rid of the window and on the 4th time, the window said, "Could not connect to server"

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Alan LorenceRe: Update question
by on Nov 12, 2007 at 9:10:58 pm

Just to be clear, you do actually have a working connection on that machine, right?

If you run 3.0.2 now and do an update check, do you get the same message? If so, verify that you can connect to the wondertouch website with your browser.

Thanks.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Nov 13, 2007 at 3:24:17 am

Yes, when I go to help and click on "Check for updates" I get the "no internet connection" window three times and then the "could not connect to server" window and when I close that window, sometimes I get one more, "No internet conncetion" window. I am connected to the internet and using Windows IE with no proble accessing this forum or Wondertouch home.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Nov 13, 2007 at 8:29:45 pm

Paul,

So the AutoUpdate worked while you were a beta tester but doesn't work now or you never tested the AutoUpdate feature while beta testing?

Also it would be nice to know how you get to the internet, dial-up modem, DSL, cable, Lan at work, etc.

John

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Nov 14, 2007 at 6:17:13 pm

I never tried the auto update while I was beta testing. I think, during the beta, there was one time when new emitters were released but no auto update came up. I am connected by DSL

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]