Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PARTICLE ILLUSION:particle Illusion Forumparticle Illusion Tutorialsparticle IllusionAfter Effects ForumAutodesk Combustion Forum

ERROR! help!

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
EvanlarimoreERROR! help!
by on Nov 4, 2007 at 5:17:06 am

Could not find an acceptable pixel format! then - Can't create OpenGL context

When I try and render out of pIllusionRender I always get that error and it doesn

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Alan LorenceRe: ERROR! help!
by on Nov 5, 2007 at 10:58:28 am

First, check ATI's website and see if you really are using the latest. If you are, and they are beta drivers, try using the latest non-beta drivers they have.

The only other option is to switch off hardware acceleration in pIRender. It will be much slower but it will work.

I think that we may have a fix for this in the 3.0.3 beta version -- email support at wondertouch dot com so I can add you to the beta test.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike OkamotoRe: ERROR! help!
by on Dec 6, 2007 at 5:28:48 pm

Hello-

I too have been hampered by this error. I did update my ATI drivers but to no avail. Also, turning off hardware acceleration yielded the exact same error message (I did remember to restart the program after making the change).

However, I did find that a quickly constructed scene rendered fine. So, I'm thinking there must be something about my file that causes the error.

Perhaps you can shed light on what "Could not find an acceptable pixel format! - Can't create OpenGL context" refers to to help us trouble shoot our scenes in the meantime.

Thank you.

-MIke Okamoto

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike OkamotoRe: ERROR! help!
by on Dec 6, 2007 at 6:30:40 pm

Just a follow-up.

I scaled the background image of my scene from 1280 x 960 to 640 x 480, and then scaled the project (Action>Scale project) to correspond.

And this time it rendered perfectly.

Then I tried scaling to 960 x 720 and the error reappeared.

A clue perhaps to what's going on here...

-Mike Okamoto

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Alan LorenceRe: ERROR! help!
by on Dec 6, 2007 at 7:24:56 pm

You really should email wondertouch support so you can try the beta of 3.0.3 which will be officially released sometime pretty soon)

Alan.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

laura newellRe: re ERROR!
by on Jul 17, 2012 at 9:55:17 pm

ive been plagued with this on/off,i have 3.0.4 latest drivers,tried on older drivers,some fixes that dont always work is create non intensive alpha,save alpha,remove black bg from rgb chanels selection in pi render,the weird part is if i drag project into pirender it works,where as if i open project n pi then choose record/render it wont work even tho either way it uses pi render,makes no sense,ive tried with/without hardware eceleration ,& on several diff pcs,windows,ive also tried past pi trials,to see if that worked ,nothing,sometimes rendering in smaller resolution also works,tho not at moment,its really weird,cause even tho same issues,wants diff solution every time,its also not specific to any format

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Alan LorenceRe: re ERROR!
by on Jul 17, 2012 at 10:09:50 pm

Launch pIRender manually, then uncheck the "auto load" settings option. See if that fixes things.

Also note that it could be the output format you're selecting. Check what pIRender is using when launched manually, and use the same settings when you output from pI3.

Alan.

Alan Lorence
Product Manager
GenArts, Inc.
http://www.genarts.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 17, 2012 at 10:33:02 pm

i will try this the weird part is pirender uses wat ever project settings was last used,even if the project loaded isnt that one for example say i have project a and b and load b a will render,also testes 720 480 works anything hier has issues ,but i will try ur suggestion tho

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 17, 2012 at 10:34:31 pm

also i recieved email and accidently unsubscribed i didnt mean to how do i resubscribe,so i can be notifyed by email sorry

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 17, 2012 at 10:56:30 pm

ive tried this no sucess,it will render project but only if directly draged to pirender,not if i open project then click record/render,which is the werid part,a couple days ago it wasnt working,i installed driver,it worked,then stoped,i also just did resotr,not recovery,and will be rolling back my video driver even tho it lates,and not beta,im going to see if rollback helps

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 17, 2012 at 11:12:37 pm

success i found the answer,i redownload and reinstalled pi the diff was my orig install said 3.0.4 the new install says 3.0.9 so i guess it had a update fix

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]