Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PARTICLE ILLUSION:particle Illusion Forumparticle Illusion Tutorialsparticle IllusionAfter Effects ForumAutodesk Combustion Forum

a different problem

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
PeteDVTa different problem
by on Oct 4, 2005 at 12:42:18 pm

okies, well ive done a full reinstall for our demo machine here which is running an old ati9000 pro 128mb gfx card.
Now in the past, we had catalist v4.1 and didnt have any problems stretching the PI app across 2 screens,
the main screen carried all the compositing, particle, keyframe and worskpace window, whiel the second display carried the emitter libraries and preview window..

this worked well, however after reinstalling windows and starting from scratch (using the same gfx card) I installed the latest catalyst drivers (5.9) ..

Now it seems that i cant get the second monitor to respond in any way whatsoever.. i can only run the app as a single monitor program..

I tried resetting the defaults in PI, however that did nothign rectify the problem. I then ran the app as SW based only, bypassing the gfx card and it worked as it used to.. only to be bogging down for obvious reasons..

so weve determined that its not a PI Problem considering it ran well in SW mode across both screens..

so does anyone know if the new catalyust drivers have issues with multipl open gl overlays?
I have no idea what to do about this, and i really dont want to get another gfx card at this time, as i really dont have time to tweak and build (ive jsut spent 3 weeks rebuilding this exisitng unit...)

any ideas??
Any assistnace is appreciated

Regard
Pete

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Alan LorenceRe: a different problem
by on Oct 4, 2005 at 2:51:41 pm

Is going back to the older catalyst drivers an option?

If not, I think you'll have to contact them directly to find out what changed in the updated drivers. There may be a setting in the new drivers that will make this work, but I don't know anything about them.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

PeteDVTRe: a different problem
by on Oct 4, 2005 at 4:02:43 pm

Hey Alan,
it is an option if i can find a workable link. this unit ran quite well on 4.9 and 5.4, 5.9 howevr.. well.. not happy

ill see how i go with finding a working 5.4

ive gone through every setting that is available to me, and the problem persists..

Also as a test, i ran another opengl video app (hollywood fx pro standalone) and that too had the same issues (no open GL acorss both displays..

funny thing is after effects, premier, vegas, and edius all work overlays ok. Id expect the NLE to work fina as they renot really puching anything from the gfx card, but after effects, i would have expected to have problems with but it works fine..

strange though...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]