Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Magpie remap data into AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
ILL_RobinsonMagpie remap data into AE
by on Dec 10, 2006 at 12:54:27 am

I'm currently involved with a project using several lipsync'ed characters in AE. I've been previously doing all the work manually using a time-remapped comp (courtesy of the fine tutorial on here by Aharon Rabinowitz). However, several minutes of video later (with more on the way), I'm considering using Magpie Pro to assist in automating the image swapping. This seems to be a reasonable approach, and once I exported data from Magpie Pro, I didn't know how to apply to the remapped comp in AE.

Basically, Magpie feeds you back a file with this type of keyframe data:

Time Remap
Frame seconds
0 0.300300
1 0.300300
2 0.300300
3 0.300300
4 0.300300
5 0.300300

The data seems to be suitable for an expression, but the Magpie tutorial makes seem much simpler. Specifically said in their tutorial:

"In After Effects the source movie must have the mouth poses in a single layer on consecutive frames and in the same order as they appear in the Magpie Pro actor. The data in the clipboard must be pasted as Time Remap data in the layer with all the pose images."

I've researched both here and elsewhere, and I'm still not sure how the data is applied. Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Robs

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dan EbbertsRe: Magpie remap data into AE
by on Dec 10, 2006 at 4:28:41 am

If you turn on time remapping for your mouth shape layer, highlight the Time Remap property to select the keyframes, and copy, then paste into a text editor, you'll see the format for keyframe data that your version of AE expects. Substitute your magpie data, copy the entire thing and paste it back into the Time Remap property. That should do it.

Dan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

ILL_RobinsonRe: Magpie remap data into AE
by on Dec 10, 2006 at 9:33:44 pm

Thanks for your reply, Dan. After several frustrating hours, and with enough research, I finally realized the key to my problem--my laptop needed to be rebooted. For some strange reason, the copy/paste buffer of windows wasn't carrying over into AE, so whenever I tried pasting the Magpie keyframe data into the Time Remap layer, nothing would happen. I eventually came to this conclusion when I copied the keyframe data from AE and pasted it into Notepad successfully.

Anyway, I need to figure out why this happens from time-to-time. Until then, I hope this info is of use to anyone else experiencing the same anomaly.

-Robs

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]