Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

right to left typewriter effect with cursor

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Aqeel Arruhailiright to left typewriter effect with cursor
by on Aug 13, 2012 at 6:15:02 am

Can anybody help me to make a right to left language typewriter effect with a blinking cursor.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Vishesh AroraRe: right to left typewriter effect with cursor
by on Aug 13, 2012 at 5:50:32 pm

Mr. Arruhaili
To make this kind of effect follow the steps below:
1. Make a text layer
2. Add an "Opacity" Animator to it.
3. Now Open the drop down menu of "Range Selector" and "Advance" options.
4. In "Advance" option bring "Smoothness" and"Opacity" to zero.
5. Now Key frame your "Offset" from 0 to -ve 100 for your desired time. This will make your text appear from right to left as typewriter does.

Now to make a cursor:

1. Add "Character Value" Animator to your text.
2. Again Open the drop down menu of "Range Selector" and "Advance" options.
3. Choose "Character Value" as 95(or change according to need).
4. Again in "Advance" option bring "Smoothness" and"Opacity" to zero.
5. Now Key frame your "Offset" from 100 to 0(or may be in -ve value) for your desired time.
6. Make sure for this Animator, you keep the "End Value down to 0(or say 10)in Range Selector.

I am a keen learner and am very keen on pursuing a career in the animation industry. My artistic skills are mostly self-
taught. I have a deep knowledge base of Photoshop, Maya, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro and Sony Vegas.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Aqeel ArruhailiRe: right to left typewriter effect with cursor
by on Aug 13, 2012 at 9:47:27 pm

good thank you but the cursor is not blinking is there a way i can do that .

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Vishesh AroraRe: right to left typewriter effect with cursor
by on Aug 14, 2012 at 6:06:40 am

Just try to use wiggle expression with Opacity of cursor. Give a high value to amount say 100
like : wiggle(0.5,100)
May be it will work.

I am a keen learner and am very keen on pursuing a career in the animation industry. My artistic skills are mostly self-
taught. I have a deep knowledge base of Photoshop, Maya, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro and Sony Vegas.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dane CannonRe: right to left typewriter effect with cursor
by on Aug 17, 2012 at 9:03:43 am

Try this tutorial...
http://ae.tutsplus.com/tutorials/motion-graphics/quick-tip-type-on-text-pre...
I've been trying to modify the code so that you can vary the blink rate of the cursor and have had success using Math.abs(Math.round(Math.cos("pickwhip slider value here"*time))) instead of the time%1. The trick seems to be pausing it and making the text move up a line when one line is filled (as if it were bottom aligned). I think I could pause it if I could figure out a way to record a time value when a checkbox is checked on or off... but I don't know how to do that or if it's even possible. As far as trying to get the text to move up when a line is full... I'm not sure that's possible (based on another creative cow thread I read), but I would love to be proven wrong.

Also, how can I find out what the % really does in expressions? I know that as time approaches 1 it resets (almost like a base 1 number sytem... except for all the other numbers used in the decimal places), but am unclear on the definition of "%".

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dan EbbertsRe: right to left typewriter effect with cursor
by on Aug 17, 2012 at 5:40:50 pm

% is the JavaScript modulus operator. It returns the remainer from a division. So 7.5%2 will give you 1.5.

time%1 just gives you the fractional part of the current time.

Dan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 18, 2012 at 1:31:54 pm

well, how can i reverse direction of typing to be from right to left using the expression in the tutorial of Type-On Text Preset With Blinking Cursor tutorial (AETUTS)?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 18, 2012 at 8:51:19 pm

I'm not sure... Just left justifying the text wouldn't do it. Maybe type it in backwards AND left justify the text.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 19, 2012 at 10:43:32 am

You know Arabic letters are connected together. if i reverse them they will be connected in a wrong way..order of typing is a must...any help ?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 20, 2012 at 2:45:37 am

Yeah, but it's not a good one. Create a custom font from the font you'd like to use, but flop all of the characters.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 20, 2012 at 7:16:14 am

good i will try it but then i need to do that to every font i need to use.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 21, 2012 at 1:25:30 am

Yeah... like I said, not a good solution. Also, I think that you'd need to use the flipped font, but then left justify and THEN flop it... All of these flops are getting a little confusing in my head though.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]