Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

How to edit an specific expression from an Audio Amplitude slider, without messing with other layers?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Juan AhumadaHow to edit an specific expression from an Audio Amplitude slider, without messing with other layers?
by on Apr 25, 2012 at 6:15:31 am

Hi everyone!

I'm making somekind of "dancing animation" that uses several effects reacting to an audio file.

This audio file is about 8 minutes long, and the effects appear in separated parts of the song... BUT

here's the deal:

I have an Advanced Lightning effect which I could make it react to the audio by adding expressions to the Glow and Conductivity state according to [Audio Amplitude/Both Channels/Slider].

So far, so good; but I need to add the expression to the Opacity and at the same time, having the solid invisible for a portion of the track, fade-in at some point, expression-opacity, then fade out.

so: Opacity 0%, fade-in in expression, stay in expression, fade-out in expression, opacity 0%

The Expression code included is the standard link whip, thus it doesn't fade in or out. *3 because I need it "sharper"

Thanks

thisComp.layer("Audio Amplitude").effect("Both Channels")("Slider")*3

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dan EbbertsRe: How to edit an specific expression from an Audio Amplitude slider, without messing with other layers?
by on Apr 25, 2012 at 5:20:46 pm

One way would be to keyframe the opacity from 0 to 100 and change your expression to this:

aud = thisComp.layer("Audio Amplitude").effect("Both Channels")("Slider").value;
value*aud*3

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Juan AhumadaRe: How to edit an specific expression from an Audio Amplitude slider, without messing with other layers?
by on Apr 26, 2012 at 11:29:36 am

Hi again!

I tried it but maybe I'm too retard, as it didn't work as expected.

I solved it by adding another "Transform" effect, thus adding a second "Opacity" slider to the same effect.
Maybe it's not effective, clean or whatever but at least it worked EXACTLY as I wanted.

I'll try your suggestion again anyway, maybe it's better overall.

Thank you very much

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]