Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Premiere davinci and the Nvidia GT 120 and the quadro 4000

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jose ArcePremiere davinci and the Nvidia GT 120 and the quadro 4000
by on Apr 24, 2012 at 4:47:51 am

Hi, I have in my macpro 2008 the quadro 4000 and work fine with the adobe suite, Now I'm just starting to use and abuse DaVinci Resolve, but for the minimal expecification need other card. I going to purchase in Ebay the GT 120, this configuration works fine with boths program?
Somebody write once you installed the gt120, premiere don't recognize the quadro 4000 for the cuda and the open GL aplications. That is true?

Thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Juan SalvoRe: Premiere davinci and the Nvidia GT 120 and the quadro 4000
by on Apr 24, 2012 at 4:51:00 am

Premiere cs5.5 and under needs to be connected to the card to benefit from it. However this may change in cs6. If you dont need killer speed you can use davinci with just one card.

online editor | colorist | VFX | BD author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jose ArceRe: Premiere davinci and the Nvidia GT 120 and the quadro 4000
by on Apr 24, 2012 at 5:07:40 am

Thanks. I hope soon can purchase the CS6 suite to test this feature.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mel FelicianoRe: Premiere davinci and the Nvidia GT 120 and the quadro 4000
by on May 11, 2012 at 11:22:37 pm

Hey Jose, Have you tried Premiere Pro CS6 with your setup yet?. I also want to run Resolve and Premiere on the same Mac with the GT-120 that came with the Mac Pro and a Quadro 4000 I'm planning on buying.

I found this video about Premiere Pro CS6 in which he uses the mac mini for the GUI and the Quadro 4000 for CUDA acceleration. This could be the proof that what we are trying to accomplish is doable, at least with CS6.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jose ArceRe: Premiere davinci and the Nvidia GT 120 and the quadro 4000
by on May 12, 2012 at 12:58:43 am

Hey, thanks for the info, No yet, I don't buy the 120. I going to buy the HD Link from Black Magic. For my upcoming minitor.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]