Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Turning Corner Pin into 3d coordinates

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Nicolas PlaireTurning Corner Pin into 3d coordinates
by on Feb 26, 2012 at 5:32:03 am

Hi!

Probably a long shot, but I was wondering if there would be a way to turn the corner pin effect into 3d coordinates to have a solid moving in z space exactly the same way a solid is moving in the fake 3d space of corner pin?

Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dan EbbertsRe: Turning Corner Pin into 3d coordinates
by on Feb 26, 2012 at 4:43:58 pm

Theoretically, you should be able to do it with just three corners. You know that one side is the solid's width and the other is the height and that the actual angle between the sides is 90 degrees. Given that, and the coordinates of the three corners projected onto the comp view should be enough (I think) to calculate the position and orientation of the solid. I don't have the 3D transform chops to do it though.

Dan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Nicolas PlaireRe: Turning Corner Pin into 3d coordinates
by on Feb 26, 2012 at 7:58:07 pm

Thanks!

I'll look into it, but I don't think it's worth the pain of having to find out the trigonometry for an idea that could have been cool, but next time...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris WrightRe: Turning Corner Pin into 3d coordinates
by on Feb 27, 2012 at 3:12:53 am

Create 3D depth from 2D planar tracking using corner pin into quatra points in 3d space. bam?

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/magic_tracking/

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]