Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Blue Planet in "3D" with Optical Flares

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Mark LeeBlue Planet in "3D" with Optical Flares
by on Jan 26, 2010 at 2:50:53 pm

Hi all

I've been working on a project since before Christmas and when i heard about Video Copilot Optical Flares I held out on finishing it.

Basically the project involves a flight around the solar system. I used the Blue Planet in 3D tut to allow me move to around the solar system in a mock 3d space. Obviously, Optical Flares is gonna look awesome on it. Infact it already looks great - i've been playing around with it all morning.

I have run into a problem though. I just can't get the Optical Flair obscuration layer to work with the expression Andrew taught in the tutorial. I think it was Dan Ebberts who helped Andrew Kramer with it originally. The lensflare is tracked to a 3d light.

Has anyone got any ideas for either a work-a-round or (preferably) a nifty expression to make it work again. I have watched the tutorial Obscure the Light that comes with the plugin but that builds the planet in a slightly different way and i'm not sure that works with the 3d camera

please help

To refresh your memories the expression is this:

lookAt(thisComp.activeCamera.position,position)[0] - applied to x rotation properties on the cc sphere rotation.
lookAt(thisComp.activeCamera.position,position)[1] - applied to y rotation properties on the cc sphere rotation.
lookAt(thisComp.activeCamera.position,position)[2] - applied to z rotation properties on the cc sphere rotation.

You then set the comps transform setting to Auto-Orient towards camera.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dan EbbertsRe: Blue Planet in "3D" with Optical Flares
by on Jan 26, 2010 at 6:04:56 pm

What does the obscuration expression look like?

Dan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark LeeRe: Blue Planet in "3D" with Optical Flares
by on Jan 26, 2010 at 6:40:10 pm

Hi Dan

I'm afraid the obscuration expression is hidden, as far as i know, within the plugin

the obscuration feature is explained in more detail here:

http://www.videocopilot.net/products/opticalflares/features/layer_occlusion...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]