Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE COLOR:HomeApple Color TutorialsApple Color ForumApple Color

resizing in color or red cine- x

COW Forums : Apple Color

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
chris larsenresizing in color or red cine- x
by on Apr 15, 2012 at 1:46:50 am

I'm grading a project that was shot in 4k and is being finished in 2k. Some shots need to be reframed. The shots in question were reframed quickly in fcp with the motion tab, in color the entire clip is viewable and has the X & Y coordinates as well as scale settings, but there is resolution degradation.

Should I clear the motion tab settings and regrade these shots with the only adjustments taking place in color or should we crop the r3d files in red cine x?

It feels like there should be a way to not lose resolution and I'm not sure how to go about it.

scale sizes are .64 and .84. The .64 adjustment might be pushing it but I'm not sure.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Joseph OwensRe: resizing in color or red cine- x
by on Apr 15, 2012 at 5:59:54 pm

COLOR only previews resizing in Quicktime workflow. All resizing is done externally. You do have a choice of rendering at either 2K or 4K from RED, but those are not specifically pan/scan (PTZR) adjustments, those are overall project resolution settings.

Resizing would be recognized if you were exporting dpx files.

Resizing is not recommended in COLOR as it has many interpolation issues with its geometry, especially if you were dealing with interlaced media.

jPo

You mean "Old Ben"? Ben Kenobi?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]