Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE COLOR:HomeApple Color TutorialsApple Color ForumApple Color

Retireving a grade from color project package

COW Forums : Apple Color

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Daniel PeckRetireving a grade from color project package
by on Apr 14, 2012 at 8:40:32 pm

Hi everyone,

Made a silly mistake on a project and want to know if there is anyway i can fix it. I just finished all my grading but had to reconform the project before i rendered because of a few changes in shot lengths. The editor did not add anything new, only a few length adjustments, but when i reconformed Color "added" pretty much every shot as if it were a new clip, and threw out all of my grades. I was stupid and did not back up the project before hand. I have been trying to find a way to maybe salvage whatever information in the "shots" folder in the color project package files, but have not had any success. Am i SOL, or is there a way to fix this?

Its not the end of the world, there is an copy in the archive folder from when i was halfway through the project, but it would be much better if there was a way to restore everything.

Any brilliant ideas?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Joseph OwensRe: Retireving a grade from color project package
by on Apr 14, 2012 at 10:03:33 pm

You should be able to "regress" the project... "Revert to Saved..."

COLOR may be treating the new reconform sequence as all new media if it is not the original one that was exported-- for that reason, typically you save the original sequence, rename it as a backup, and then apply the revisions to the original and export a new XML out of that.

jPo

You mean "Old Ben"? Ben Kenobi?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Julo QuintoRe: tireving a grade from color project package
by on Apr 17, 2012 at 5:12:09 am

You can try to dig into the Color archive saved with the color project. Right click the project file (selecting "Open enclosing folder" or somesuch) and look for the folder containing your shots (in sequential subfolders). Every subfolder has their corresponding "files" which are a 1:1 representation of the settings done per room, per shot. It can be a simple case of copying over the primary and secondary grades over to the new shots' folders; but in some cases (especially with lots of keyframes and tracking - not to mention timin changes) you might end up with a slightly quirky Color project with a lot of problems.

Knowing XML is a plus. And I'd recommend a backup of the Color project before attempting said "surgery".

---
Taking it one step at a time.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]