Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE COLOR:HomeApple Color TutorialsApple Color ForumApple Color

Wacom tablet weirdness...

COW Forums : Apple Color

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
JP OwensWacom tablet weirdness...
by on May 23, 2007 at 10:32:21 pm

The guy on the apple support (newbie) forum with the Graphire weirdness...

I'll bet he hasn't "enabled" the secondaries...

JPO

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mel MatsuokaRe: Wacom tablet weirdness...
by on May 24, 2007 at 9:36:11 pm

uhh..no. I have the Secondaries enabled. That isn't the problem. Please read the original posts again. My question was not "why don't my secondaries work". The question was "why are the secondary controls acting so wierd?"

It's not keyframing either. This isn't the same problem that you'd experience if you assume Color does "auto keyframing" like other apps do. Unfortunately the screencapture I posted didnt capture the rest of the UI, but if it did, you would have seen me clicking on the "Enabled" checkbox, and having it refuse to uncheck itself.

The wierd thing is that it doesn't exhibit the same behavior in other Secondary levels for that particular Grade. The only common denominators between the secondaries that exhibit the wonkiness is that they either have a Window enabled or an HSL qualifier enabled.

Here's another screencap that shows what I'm talking about:

http://www.alphageek.org/_temp/wacky_color3.mov

(iShowU is driving me nuts...this time it failed to capture the lower Secondaries tabs...but suffice it to say, I am switching betweem the secondaries in this cap)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mel MatsuokaRe: Wacom tablet weirdness...
by on May 24, 2007 at 9:39:01 pm

As an addendum, this problem seems to occur randomly.

Right now, I am working on another grade, dropping vignettes and HSL qualifiers all over the place, and everything seems to work fine. But I anticipate that some time in the next hour or so, the "wonky" behavior will be back.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

JP OwensRe: Wacom tablet weirdness...
by on May 29, 2007 at 2:03:23 pm

Okay then.

I can't open the screencap movie, so I'm operating blind here... sort of like not having a calibrated grade monitor... except I can't even see the picture, even if it's wrong.

I associated the value tab behaviour... that is "migrating" back to its set value, or zero, with simply not having control over the grade for whatever reason -- its what I see when I have forgotten to check the enable box. I think it behaves the same when you're trying to change a scene's values that contains keyframes -- and one (trying to keep this in the impersonal...:)) is not parked exactly on the keyframe. This is one of the things that I miss about daVinci -- you could change a dynamic's target values without having to be on the event boundary (or keyframe position in COLOR parlance).
True, you could not change values (daVinci) while the scene WAS dynamic -- you could change it to a "Static" boundary/notch -- and all daVinci users will recognize the mantra "Static, minus one, copy, dissolve" when the auto-dynamic scene copy failed.. I joked with Dwayne Maggart that that key sequence was the first macro that I always entered in a new system. He didn't think it was funny for some reason... anyway, something else that daVinci did that was cool was... an inserted Dissolve created a new "keyframe" inside an established dynamic that started out with the interpolated values -- a lot easier to re-direct a value trajectory that way.

Anyway, my hats off to those who insist on brute-forcing their way through to using this application without the recommended gear. Its kind of like the Stephen Hawking school of communication, though..... slow conversation when its.... o..n..e...... l..e..t..t..e..r........ a..t....... a.... t..i..m..e.....
Try a Tangent or Cooper. At least the joyball panel.... Don't you value the few moments of life that we get in this world? ;)

JPO

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]