Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE COLOR:HomeApple Color TutorialsApple Color ForumApple Color

Tangent Wave and Red plug-in

COW Forums : Apple Color

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jeremy NewmarkTangent Wave and Red plug-in
by on Sep 19, 2009 at 7:47:29 pm

Does anyone know if you can program the Wave to have control of settings within the Red Plug-in Tab? Thanks.

Best Regards,

Jeremy Newmark

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jack JonesRe: Tangent Wave and Red plug-in
by on Sep 19, 2009 at 10:21:59 pm

If you download the Tangent Wave Control Mapper off of Tangent you can see all of the options available. Also... BUY IT!! It's a fantastic piece of equipment, worth every single penny. Personally I'm not using the RED settings tab as I've had all of my footage captured into 2k ProRes 422 (HQ) Quicktime Files.

I still use the mouse occasionally. In the end, even the top end systems at some point need some kind of mouse interaction, if only for custom shapes.

Summary; If you want to double or better your current speed of grading a controller is a must, and, certainly for me, the Wave has been phenomenal and a great device to improve my speed before moving onto Baselight in the long run.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeremy NewmarkRe: Tangent Wave and Red plug-in
by on Sep 20, 2009 at 3:27:21 pm

Thanks Jack,

I downloaded the mapper and it doesn't appear that you can map those functions. Will it stop me from buying the controller? Well that might depends on weather or not the soon to be released Euphonix MC Color will have that ability. It would be wonderful to see that functionality on the next version of the Tangent mapping software.

Dear Tangent Devices, just in case you're listening, you are most certainly going to be loosing some sales with new competition coming to market like Euphonix. If you can stay ahead and offer functionality like the Red Plug-in parameters, it can only help. Just my 2 cents from a possible customer who is looking into purchasing 3 panels.

Best Regards,

jeremy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

walter biscardiRe: Tangent Wave and Red plug-in
by on Sep 20, 2009 at 3:37:44 pm

[Jeremy Newmark] "Dear Tangent Devices, just in case you're listening, you are most certainly going to be loosing some sales with new competition coming to market like Euphonix. If you can stay ahead and offer functionality like the Red Plug-in parameters, it can only help. Just my 2 cents from a possible customer who is looking into purchasing 3 panels. "

You can also take a look at the JL Cooper Eclipse that my buddy Ron has and I know he's been really enjoying working with RED and from what I understand has full control of everything in that RED tab.

If you're going to purchase 3 panels, don't you think you should test everything on the market?

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
Credits include multiple Emmy, Telly, Aurora and Peabody Awards.
Owner, Biscardi Creative Media featuring HD Post

Biscardi Creative Media

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Read my Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeremy NewmarkRe: Tangent Wave and Red plug-in
by on Sep 20, 2009 at 10:06:49 pm

[walter biscardi] "If you're going to purchase 3 panels, don't you think you should test everything on the market?"

Thanks Walter,

Yes I do think we should test everything within our price range. 3 eclipse panels are not in our budget. I for sure won't simply buy 3 panels without having any hands on. And even after testing them, we will most certainly buy 1 panel, run it through it's paces for a while and if we are happy, buy the next 2.

best regards,

jeremy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jack JonesRe: Tangent Wave and Red plug-in
by on Sep 21, 2009 at 10:00:55 am

Look at the hi-res MC Color images and you'll notice the lack of button labeling. That alone makes me glad I went for the cheaper plastic one which looks to have more functionality, than the slightly more expensive metal one with no label display and less buttons.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Patrick MorganRe: Tangent Wave and Red plug-in
by on Sep 25, 2009 at 3:26:42 pm

Jeremy

From what I understand, the guys at Tangent and Euphonics will be constrained by the Color API as to what can be mapped. For example, you can't map the Save (grade) button in either because it is not on the list of mappable features.

AFAIK

Patrick Morgan
Editor & Colourist
http://www.bluegiraffe.tv

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dibyendu DasRe: Tangent Wave and Red plug-in
by on Nov 21, 2009 at 9:00:53 am

Yeah we r also facing the mapping issue with the red plugin and many colorist have the same question?
So Dear,Wave-Tangent developers hope you r thinking of coming out with the compatible plugin soon.....
cheers,

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]