Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ULTRA:HomeAdobe Ultra ForumAdobe Ultra TutorialsAdobe Ultra

Adobe Ultra and Windows 7 64 bit

COW Forums : Adobe ULTRA

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
William KalamonAdobe Ultra and Windows 7 64 bit
by on Jul 6, 2010 at 12:37:06 pm

I recently had a motherboard crash and burn, subsequently I built a new beast of a machine using Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit with a 7i processor and a Quatro 4800 video card. I have used Ultra since it's beginnings running on my Windows XP 64 machine but to my dissapointment I can't get it to register or run on my new machine. I tried to find posts regarding this problem with little luck.

Can any one help me out. I really hope I can get this program to function.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Danny HaysRe: Adobe Ultra and Windows 7 64 bit
by on Jul 22, 2010 at 7:58:34 pm

Are you installing it as Administrator? I have it running on Windows 7 Utimate 64 bit. Windows 7 requires you to install most stuff as Administrator, right click on the .exe and selct that. Uninstall any other installs of it first. Hope this helps, Danny Hays

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

William KalamonRe: Adobe Ultra and Windows 7 64 bit
by on Aug 2, 2010 at 10:31:54 pm

Hi Danny. It's been a while since my initial inquiry. Here is my solution. Since my new machine is such a beast of a machine, I installed another hard drive and created a second bootable drive that runs Windows XP Pro. Problem solved. I still can read all the other drives on the computer but I now have 2 OS's to choose from. I ended up doing this because no matter what I tried, I couldn't get Ultra to run on the 7I system. Perhaps the Quatro 4800 card had something to do with it or the Quad Core processor. No Matter, life is good again. Thanks for your feedback.
BK

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jonathan ThomasRe: Adobe Ultra and Windows 7 64 bit
by on Jul 1, 2011 at 10:25:59 pm

Hi Danny. I just purchase a new HP Window 64 bit. I having problems getting over the Directx9 version error. I try your adm suggestion.
However, I am getting a newer version is already installed. No installation needed. Then the computer stop running.

Any ideas?

JT

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]