Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ONLOCATION:HomeAdobe OnLocation ForumAdobe OnLocation TutorialsAdobe OnLocation

Recruiting for OnLocation CS5 beta testing and customer visits

COW Forums : Adobe OnLocation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Mark MapesRecruiting for OnLocation CS5 beta testing and customer visits
by on Feb 18, 2009 at 6:51:25 pm

Hi All,

We will be kicking off pre-release testing for OnLocation CS5 pretty soon and are eager to increase the ranks of our beta testers. As users of this program, you have a vested interest in the feature set, workflow, and stability. There's no better way to have a hand in helping us improve OnLocation.

Come to think of it, there is one better way: sign up for a customer visit, where two or three guys from our development team will come observe for a day on the set while you're using OL. We're especially interested if CS4's Take-Recording Mode* is central to your workflow. Also, proximity to Sacramento, CA is a plus just on account of budget--the core of our team is in Folsom.

Please drop me a line at mapes@adobe.com if you're game for either avenue of involvement. Please include the name of your company/organization as well as your real name.

If beta testing or a customer visit isn't in the cards for you, we still want to know what you think about CS4 (pain points you're encountering, changes that you like, DV Rack/OL CS3 features that were removed & you really miss, etc.) and what enhancements & new features you'd like to see in CS5. Feel free to post such input in this thread or on Adobe's forums or in an email directly to me.

Thanks,
Mark Mapes
OnLocation QA Manager
mapes@adobe.com

*if you have CS4 and don't know about the Take-Recording Mode, go check it out in the help system. For my money, it's the coolest new feature in OL CS4.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Sten MaskRe: Recruiting for OnLocation CS5 beta testing and customer visits
by on May 18, 2009 at 7:35:35 pm

Adobe CS5 Beta

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jon PetersRe: Recruiting for OnLocation CS5 beta testing and customer visits
by on Mar 1, 2010 at 10:48:04 pm

We loved OnLocation back when we did DV for capture. Actually that's back when it was an SM product. DV just is not good enough now though and I had really hoped the new version would support SDI or even HDMI, but sadly we're having to use another application to do the capture now.

If you ever decide to incorporate SDI, we would love it.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]